By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

leedlelee said:
It's already trending on Twitter...
Given the nostalgia everybody is feeling thanks to Pokemon Go, this is a prime example of striking while the iron is hot...
At first glance, this almost looks like good business sense...

I don't know why but I feel like Kimishima is behind this and, if I'm correct, then Nintendo found a heck of a good president to follow Iwata...

Around the Network

If it ends up being super easy to run any NES game on it then Im on board.
Also one for the 64 too please.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

This is just a emulation of the NES right?
So many devices can already do that.

Still it looks so cute... and I miss those controllers...
I wish they had done this but with SNES instead.

Random_Matt said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You can always buy a Wii, WiiU, or 3DS if you want access to a bigger pool of NES games.

Or i could buy a retron 5.

Sure! Or an NES off eBay! You have a lot of choices to get your NES fix!

Around the Network

I like it, but I was really confused about the controller ports until I read the article

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

pokoko said:
Those are actually some really nice games. I was expecting Mario, Mario, and Mario but not stuff Double Dragon II, Punch-Out, Star Tropics, and Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy was a revelation for me, best bargain-bin purchase I ever talked my mom into making. Wanted it based entirely on the name, had no clue what it was otherwise. It would also be nice to see if I could still beat Double Dragon II and Punch-Out on automatic. Somehow I doubt it.

Yeah! The selection is a happy surprise. If I'm being honest, the inclusion of Final Fantasy is the most surprising of all. I figure it would be mostly arcade-y games.

And I couldn't be happier. The original Final Fantasy is one of the very best NES games :D

Random_Matt said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You can always buy a Wii, WiiU, or 3DS if you want access to a bigger pool of NES games.

Or i could buy a retron 5.

Might wanna reconsider. Those guys came under fire for using closed source emulation stuff without permission

Yet again, Nintendo releases another weak console that can't handle third party games /s

It's gonna outsell the Wii U XD