By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

To be fair NES Mini have save option, and save option makes huge difference compared to playing in 80", it not exactly same when you loose your 3 lives and need to start over from beginning. :)

That will help soften the blow, but I still reckon a lot of people will have forgotten how hard games actually were back then and be taken by surprise when they boot this baby up, hehehe.

Of Course, but you can bet that without save option they would stop playing game after couple of times, but with safe option even noob player can advance in game, it is really game changer.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

That will help soften the blow, but I still reckon a lot of people will have forgotten how hard games actually were back then and be taken by surprise when they boot this baby up, hehehe.

Of Course, but you can bet that without save option they would stop playing game after couple of times, but with safe option even noob player can advance in game, it is really game changer.

I never said it wasn't. I simply think that after all these years and the progressive decrease in game difficulty, I think alot of people will be caught off guard by the unforgiving nature of a lot of NES titles.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I never said it wasn't. I simply think that after all these years and the progressive decrease in game difficulty, I think alot of people will be caught off guard by the unforgiving nature of a lot of NES titles.

Of Course, but that isn't nearly same thing with save option compared to experience you playing those same game without save option.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Of Course, but that isn't nearly same thing with save option compared to experience you playing those same game without save option.

The games are still difficult by core design though. And how many of this thing's buyers do you think have been playing NES recently? I bet a lot of them haven't touched one in years.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

The games are still difficult by core design though. And how many of this thing's buyers do you think have been playing NES recently? I bet a lot of them haven't touched one in years.

Games are still difficult, but difficullty isnt so much problem now with save option, games will be still difficullt but totaly difrent expariance with save option.

Like wrote, NES Mini have save option, and save option makes huge difference compared to playing in 80", it not exactly same when you loose your 3 lives and need to start over from beginning, and when you can just start right you died, totally different experience and basically game changer.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Games are still difficult, but difficullty isnt so much problem now with save option, games will be still difficullt but totaly difrent expariance with save option.

Like wrote, NES Mini have save option, and save option makes huge difference compared to playing in 80", it not exactly same when you loose your 3 lives and need to start over from beginning, and when you can just start right you died, totally different experience and basically game changer.

Imagine if Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze gave you infinite lives. It would still be a challenging game by modern standards because of the reflexes and precision it demands. The difficulty of NES games did not stem solely from their lives/checkpoints system.

curl-6 said:

Imagine if Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze gave you infinite lives. It would still be a challenging game by modern standards because of the reflexes and precision it demands. The difficulty of NES games did not stem solely from their lives/checkpoints system.

Yea, but you would get fucked over by lives/checkpoint a decent amount of the time unless the game had passcodes.

sethnintendo said:
curl-6 said:

Yea, but you would get fucked over by lives/checkpoint a decent amount of the time unless the game had passcodes.

Very true, but it wasn't the only thing that made them hard.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

This is getting more attention in the mass market than I expected.

Gonna see if it's worth. Wish I could cheat like in the VC with the saves.

You can save in the middle of a game on this thing like on emulators. Not sure if that's what you mean.

Good. And yes, that's what I meant.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mini nes aka dark souls 8 bit machine on Super hard mode.