By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals Mini NES. Coming this November.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I have to agree.

Lifetime?

Of Course, but also SNES Mini this holiday season will easily sell couple of millions, because it's affordable (like full price of one AAA game) and very cool and great holiday present.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Lifetime?

Of Course, but also SNES Mini this holiday season will easily sell couple of millions, because it's affordable (like full price of one AAA game) and very cool and great holiday present.

What I mean is, do you think the NES Mini will sell more than the Wii U in total? As in over 13 million?

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

What I mean is, do you think the NES Mini will sell more than the Wii U in total? As in over 13 million?

Maybe, I am not certain, but definitely has chance.

Ever since the SNES days, I've known people who played Nintendo and said games have gotten too complicated. I don't know if some of them ever came back to gaming. Maybe this will bring them back.... But I doubt it.

d21lewis said:
Ever since the SNES days, I've known people who played Nintendo and said games have gotten too complicated. I don't know if some of them ever came back to gaming. Maybe this will bring them back.... But I doubt it.

Conversely, I expect a lot of gamers used to modern software are going to get their arses kicked by some of the games on this thing. 80s games didn't mess around, they punched you in the dick, then kicked you while you were down.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
d21lewis said:

Conversely, I expect a lot of gamers used to modern software are going to get their arses kicked by some of the games on this thing. 80s games didn't mess around, they punched you in the dick, then kicked you while you were down.

To be fair NES Mini have save option, and save option makes huge difference compared to playing in 80", it not exactly same when you loose your 3 lives and need to start over from beginning. :)

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair NES Mini have save option, and save option makes huge difference compared to playing in 80", it not exactly same when you loose your 3 lives and need to start over from beginning. :)

Yea, saved options helps a lot (can't remember if the Wii VC had it but you could pause the game and it would come back to it which is just a 1 time temp save option).  The 3DS VC saved options makes me feel like I'm cheating though on some games (mainly platformers).  I don't think I used saved options for Ninja Gaiden (Wii VC) but I got stuck at Area 6-2 never to advance further.  Some NES games are just a bitch.

This is getting more attention in the mass market than I expected.

Gonna see if it's worth. Wish I could cheat like in the VC with the saves.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

This is getting more attention in the mass market than I expected.

Gonna see if it's worth. Wish I could cheat like in the VC with the saves.

You can save in the middle of a game on this thing like on emulators. Not sure if that's what you mean.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

That will help soften the blow, but I still reckon a lot of people will have forgotten how hard games actually were back then and be taken by surprise when they boot this baby up, hehehe.