By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 7 1080p/60FPS on PS4

No new characters announced at the Evo? The last one was a while ago...

Around the Network
Kanemaru said:
No new characters announced at the Evo? The last one was a while ago...

Probably You know already:
Bob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvtbuT0v7M

Master Raven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Ss4lExMwc

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Yes. I would have prefered to see Kunimitsu, Eliza, Jinpachi or Unknown confirmed but M. Raven is cool.

Jinpachi is never coming back to a numbered Tekken game as a playable character.  He is dead, and will only return for an eventual Tekken Tag Tournament 3.

Mr Puggsly said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Menues, introes, celebrations, loser cinematics and such are at 30 fps too...

Even when 7th gen consoles are doing 30 fps, 8th gen games should look and run better.

My point stands, what we've seen from Tekken 7 just looks okay.

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution looks better than Vanilla Tekken 7.  Tekken 7 on home release is Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, with the Sub Title dropped, because vanilla wasn't released on Console.  I don't understand why they drop the name.  They've been doing it since Tekken 6, but left Tekken 5:Dark Resurrection.

Anyway.  Youtube videos do no justice to any game.  You haven't seen the game.  Still images aren't the same as moving pictures.  To say this game looks anything like DoA5, which is a last gen game hastly ported to new gen for the DLC money train, is entirely insulting. DoA5's 906 dollars worth of DLC, and overly, overly sexualization is why I wont even play it anymore.  It's not priced right, and 90% of the costumes show 90% of skin, which means you're paying 906 dollars for a 10% visual difference.  How many shirt/no pants, and bikini outfits do you need?

Kanemaru said:
Yes. I would have prefered to see Kunimitsu, Eliza, Jinpachi or Unknown confirmed but M. Raven is cool.

Master Raven have moves from Kunimitsu too... For what I watched on the trailer... probably will have more... althought mostly was Raven's moves. Kazumi is a mix of some TTT2's Jun/Unknown and Jinpachi's moves... with some new additions... And like that, there are others characters wich uses moves from some that aren't yet included, Lucky Chloe have Eddie/christie moves... Claudio, Shaheen and Catherina have some of Miguels moves mixed there...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

Not a new character, but... I want off Harada's wild ride. The newest patch gave Yoshi a gun

Burning Typhoon said:

Jinpachi is never coming back to a numbered Tekken game as a playable character.  He is dead, and will only return for an eventual Tekken Tag Tournament 3.

Mr Puggsly said:

Even when 7th gen consoles are doing 30 fps, 8th gen games should look and run better.

My point stands, what we've seen from Tekken 7 just looks okay.

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution looks better than Vanilla Tekken 7.  Tekken 7 on home release is Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, with the Sub Title dropped, because vanilla wasn't released on Console.  I don't understand why they drop the name.  They've been doing it since Tekken 6, but left Tekken 5:Dark Resurrection.

Anyway.  Youtube videos do no justice to any game.  You haven't seen the game.  Still images aren't the same as moving pictures.  To say this game looks anything like DoA5, which is a last gen game hastly ported to new gen for the DLC money train, is entirely insulting. DoA5's 906 dollars worth of DLC, and overly, overly sexualization is why I wont even play it anymore.  It's not priced right, and 90% of the costumes show 90% of skin, which means you're paying 906 dollars for a 10% visual difference.  How many shirt/no pants, and bikini outfits do you need?

You are right in everything, except for the overly sexualization and the customes stuff... lots of DLC customes are based on other games and anime series... and all the DLC paid stuff is ABSOLUTELY optional. That doesn't make it a bad game. And You can play the game for Free... and buy what characters You like or not.. there are constant offers on DLC bundles and the base game too. I wish some otehre games had a support as this game have... they constantly balance the game and add new characters. They should just update the graphics, is the only lacking point of DOA5, because the gameplay is still one of the best of the genre, making it a underrated game (the promotion and marketing at tecmo is kinda at fault here...)

Zeroroute said:
Not a new character, but... I want off Harada's wild ride. The newest patch gave Yoshi a gun

Uh, that's a customized add-on.  Any character may have a gun, lol.  It has rediculous start up, and stupid-easy to side-step.  It's in Tekken Tag 2, and probably Tekken 6 (don't remember).  But, you've got to be really stupid, or really arrogant to get hit by it.

Not a new patch, it's from previous Tekken games.

Burning Typhoon said:
Zeroroute said:

Uh, that's a customized add-on.  Any character may have a gun, lol.  It has rediculous start up, and stupid-easy to side-step.  It's in Tekken Tag 2, and probably Tekken 6 (don't remember).  But, you've got to be really stupid, or really arrogant to get hit by it.

Not a new patch, it's from previous Tekken games.

That's old stuff since Tekken 6... some custom items... that have some unblockeable moves or other stuff

Burning Typhoon said:

I thought everybody knew that the death of a character in a fighting game never meant that he'd never be back again. If a lot of people want him to be back, they'll find  good excuse to tell he actually survived.