By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 7 1080p/60FPS on PS4

LOL

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
OMG, I didn't know that the OG PlayStation could push 1080p/60fps, I heard they used it's hardware in some space launches but still this is quite the achivement!

Nice to hear, since the game is coming to Xbox I hope it also comes to NX given the strong bond between Nintendo and Bandai after Smash 4 and Pokkén

Agreed. "Tekken Tag 2" for Wii U was pretty decent. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Namco allways have suppoerted pretty well Nintendo's consoles and handheld... Not sure why Tekken was a PlayStation exclusive until T6 (Not counting with tekken Advance)... but they have supported with great games and even exclusives, like Baten kaitos on GameCube.

Pretty sure T7 will release on NX as soon as possible, but doubt it will be on release date.

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Mr Puggsly said:
DemoniOtaku said:

What? You saying that Tekken 7 looks like DOA5? Really?

I looked up some video of Tekken 7, based on what I'm seeing it doesn't look much better than DOA5.

The character models certainly do not. But I'm sure It'll have an edge on textures and other post processing effects.

You really sure didn't watched those videos on 144p resolution?

DemoniOtaku said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I looked up some video of Tekken 7, based on what I'm seeing it doesn't look much better than DOA5.

The character models certainly do not. But I'm sure It'll have an edge on textures and other post processing effects.

You found the best looking image I've seen of Tekken 7 versus a not so good DOA 5. Surprising!

By the way, I do believe Tekken 7 is going to look better than DOA5. But its mostly gonna be from things like lighting, textures, resolution, etc. That's where 8th gen fighters are really showing their power.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DemoniOtaku said:

You found the best looking image I've seen of Tekken 7 versus a not so good DOA 5. Surprising!

By the way, I do believe Tekken 7 is going to look better than DOA5. But its mostly gonna be from things like lighting, textures, resolution, etc. That's where 8th gen fighters are really showing their power.

I found two IN REAL TIME ingame images of both games, where the 3D models would appear most definined... I have DOA5 on PS4, PC and Vita... and not even on PC with mods look like that Image you use... the game looks great for PS3 and Vita, but on PS4 and PC doesn't even have Antialiasing (unless you forced it throught the GPU panel) and character models are really low on polygons... those DOA images are usually marketing Bullshots... compare Tekken's to the actual footage and You'll see...

DemoniOtaku said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I found two IN REAL TIME ingame images of both games, where the 3D models would appear most definined... I have DOA5 on PS4, PC and Vita... and not even on PC with mods look like that Image you use... the game looks great for PS3 and Vita, but on PS4 and PC doesn't even have Antialiasing (unless you forced it throught the GPU panel) and character models are really low on polygons... those DOA images are usually marketing Bullshots... compare Tekken's to the actual footage and You'll see...

If you look closely at that DOA5 shot (full size), you can see jaggies and some texture blurriness. So I'm not entirely sure if its a bullshot.

That Tekken 7 image you posted looks significantly better than other pictures I've seen.

Either way, Tekken 7 should look better. It just doesn't look amazing. I believe the plan was to bring Tekken 7 to 7th gen, but they moved away from that due to western gamers moving to 8th gen so quickly.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DemoniOtaku said:

If you look closely at that DOA5 shot (full size), you can see jaggies and some texture blurriness. So I'm not entirely sure if its a bullshot.

That Tekken 7 image you posted looks significantly better than other pictures I've seen.

Either way, Tekken 7 should look better. It just doesn't look amazing. I believe the plan was to bring Tekken 7 to 7th gen, but they moved away from that due to western gamers moving to 8th gen so quickly.

DOA's cutscenes reduce the frame rate for 60fps down to 30fps. That's why the cinematics look better than the gameplay.

Darc Requiem said:
Mr Puggsly said:

DOA's cutscenes reduce the frame rate for 60fps down to 30fps. That's why the cinematics look better than the gameplay.

Menues, introes, celebrations, loser cinematics and such are at 30 fps too...

DemoniOtaku said:
Darc Requiem said:

Menues, introes, celebrations, loser cinematics and such are at 30 fps too...

Even when 7th gen consoles are doing 30 fps, 8th gen games should look and run better.

My point stands, what we've seen from Tekken 7 just looks okay.

Recently Completed