By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Miyazaki: Demon's Souls remake not likely to be made by From Software, maybe another developer

- Hidetaka Miyazaki clarified a previous comment he made regarding a potential Demon's Souls remake

- He said to GameSpot:

"It seems like there was a misunderstanding in a previous interview in relation to a remake or a remastering of the game, so let me reiterate here," he tells GameSpot in a new interview. "The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment's IP, and Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is Sony Interactive Entertainment's IP. Hence, the decision to do a remake or remastering is under their jurisdiction.

"For me and for From Software, I don't think we'll be involved with their happening, but it could happen through another developer."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/demons-souls-remake-could-happen-with-another-deve/1100-6441637/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Would you like a Demon's Souls remake?

Too soon?

Never too soon?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Not played Demon Souls so a remaster would be perfect especially if they add Co op.

Anyone here that can give a brief idea of how the original compares to the DS3 or Bloodborne in terms of gameplay, difficulty and level design?

Forget the Souls series, give me a 3D Dot Game Heroes sequel!! lol

Demon's souls is begging for a PS4 remake. Better loading times, resolution, framerate and the fact that I don't need to drag my PS3 out just to play it make this absolutely necessary. Come on Sony, just do it!

Fei-Hung said:
Not played Demon Souls so a remaster would be perfect especially if they add Co op.

Anyone here that can give a brief idea of how the original compares to the DS3 or Bloodborne in terms of gameplay, difficulty and level design?

The game is ugly af, sorcery is OP and the difficulty is easier than DS1 mostly because you can abuse the AI much more (making ennemies fall down cliffs). Some bosses are really unfair, especially the dragon whose name i can't remember.

OT : Most of the current soul userbase never played the game, a remaster would be a good opportunity to bring some attention to this masterpiece. I just hope another developper won't mess with the balance.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

difficulty I would say higher than either DS3 or BB, to be honest I didn't find any of those 2 particularly difficult. Part of what made the original Demon's Souls much more difficulty was the lack of teleports, much higher loading times, a bit more obtuse mechanics. These were all refined in the games that followed.

From Software has also slowly made the games more friendly to begginers, which is fine and all, but if the improvements are done just simply by bringing the game to updated hardware, it should fix some of the problems most people would feel going from BB to Demon's (especially the loading times).

Having said that, the first game you play tends to be the more difficult. After you learn the mechanics and what the correct approach is, they start to feel easier and more familiar as you go through the different other games.

In terms of gameplay, the original one was deffinitely slower paced. You'd need to farm for supplies (stuff to cure yourself mostly) and there was a limit to how much stuff you could carry even unequipped. You'd notice the difference, I'm 100% sure. 

Level design, being a PS3 game sure gave it some limitations, so it's not as varied and 'pretty' as Bloodborne or DS3. Very castle based and quite a lot of closed areas. A hub world that was required to move from 'level' to 'level' as the areas weren't as visibly interconnected. Also it probably has the worst (more annoying) sewer/cave area in all the games so far, felt worse than blight town in Dark Souls 1. At least i recall it that way.

edit: to clarify, the teleports part was annoying as hell because it would force you to get to the hub world and then move somewhere else. with the loading times being absolutely horrendous, you'd want to avoid dying or teleporting anywhere as much as possible

I'm guessing that by the time Demon's Souls gets remastered, it'll be almost 10 years old. Even now, it's a 7 year old game, so it's not like it couldn't use a shiny new coat of paint. At least, I think he's referring to a remaster as opposed to a remake. If he is referring to a legit remake, then even better.

bet: lost

Too soon. It's not even ten years old. But it will sell well regardless, so it may at least fund other games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Leave the remake for the ps5. Bring a proper sequel to either demons souls or 3d dot game heroes...

Dark Souls is owned by Bandai?So From Software is a Bandai studio or I am mmissing something here?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1