By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will end up being the Wii U' s biggest bomb?

The Wonderful 101

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Boberkun said:
Devil's 3rd, W 101, Xeno X, Project Zero 5 - sales wise.

XCX has sold 810k (not including digital) in 7 months, and will almost certainly cross the million mark when all's said and done. It's no Splatoon, but it's certainly not one of the system's biggest bombs sales wise.

Source?

Obviously Star Fox. That game should have been great and if Splatoon can sell 4 million then Star Fox should at least have sold 2 million

Devil's Third. I mean, come on it's the Daikatana situation all over again. Publisher throws name at a big name veteran expecting that the two will spontaneously generate a good product when they rub together. It crashed and burned with critics, it crashed and burned with fans, it crashed and burned in stores.

Dr.Vita said:
curl-6 said:

XCX has sold 810k (not including digital) in 7 months, and will almost certainly cross the million mark when all's said and done. It's no Splatoon, but it's certainly not one of the system's biggest bombs sales wise.

Source?

You're posting on it. ;)

EDIT: 7 months in the West, a few extra in Japan.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
When something is expected to bomb it really can't be called the biggest bomb.

Therefore there can be only one. Star Fox.

People expected Starfox to do well? I sure didn't.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cobretti2 said:
When something is expected to bomb it really can't be called the biggest bomb.

Therefore there can be only one. Star Fox.

People expected Starfox to do well? I sure didn't.

people with nostalga goggles on yes. 

Starfox was getting bashed since the day it was revealed, though. People (including me) tried to defend it but didn't the majority call it a Gamecube game?

melbye said:
Obviously Star Fox. That game should have been great and if Splatoon can sell 4 million then Star Fox should at least have sold 2 million

I dont see how can Splatoon have anuthing with Star Fox, Splatoon is basicly Mario Kart of shooters whith huge appealing, Star Fox is just a rail shooter that has incompatible less appealing.

spurgeonryan said:
curl-6 said:

I love how spurge started the thread to lynch Starfox, and his favourite Wii U game got roasted. XD

Cant really say it go roasted, when people were wrong about it. Did anyone expect it to do well....ever? I sure did not. What was the budget?

A bomb is still a bomb even if it wasn't expected to do well.