By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'Power Rangers' Reboot Will Be A 'Dark Knight'-Like Reimagining.

StarOcean said:

How do you get hired in Hollywood to make movies? Because it seems pretty fucking easy if something this stupid could be greenlit passed the idea phase XD

Never watched the series as a kid but I also know a Dark Knight approach isn't going to work... This isn't Batman which does hold a more serious tone, this is the friggin Power Rangers!

Oh man, I can't wait for the inevitable gritty Barney the Dinosaur reboot

Yeah... I bet 80% of everyone that reads this news goes "wtf are they thinking, thats a flop".

Yet somehow this got greenlit? Maybe the guy directing it is some powerfull guys kid, or gave blowjobs to get it greenlit or whatever.... but this just feels like throwing money away, and possibly hurting the "brand" of power rangers.

Around the Network

I seriously can't wait. This sounds like a great idea. If done well, it may end up becoming quite successful. Not Transformers successful, but more than if they were to stick to the family formula.

This sounds like a disaster. I dont think people wanted grit and teenage drama.

I really don't think that is possible.

What does that even mean? Dark Knight-like reimagining?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I don't think Power Rangers needs such a re-imagining, it was never meant to be dark or overly serious.

Cool! Would like to see this.

Goddbless said:
StarOcean said:

How do you get hired in Hollywood to make movies? Because it seems pretty fucking easy if something this stupid could be greenlit passed the idea phase XD

Never watched the series as a kid but I also know a Dark Knight approach isn't going to work... This isn't Batman which does hold a more serious tone, this is the friggin Power Rangers!

Oh man, I can't wait for the inevitable gritty Barney the Dinosaur reboot

I feel the same way. These things are supposed to be targetted towards children. Is it really that hard to stick to the original feel of the Power Rangers? Isn't that what everyone fell in love with?

Just be clear to this movie also targets those who grew up with original power rangers. They're in the 25-35 range.

How has this not been posted yet?

The BuShA owns all!

I really don't give a shit about Power Rangers, so I'm all for this change. I mean, if the past PRs were funny as hell because of how goofy they acted/looked, just imagine such a ridiculous concept played straight. This might be one of the best comedies of all time.

I'm now filled with determination.