By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Pokémon Go Invite more crime?

Will Pokémon Go Invite more crime?

Yes 17 41.46%

No 9 21.95%

Make me a sandwich 15 36.59%

Total:41

Guys what if a legendary is in the White House yard? You think people will start getting taken away by the secret service?

Around the Network

Teen Playing “Pokemon Go” Stabbed And Mugged For His IPhone; In Bad Neighborhood

http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/

"CHICAGO – 17 Year-old Marcus Jackson was stabbed and mugged for his iPhone after allegedly playing “Pokemon Go” a new app released by the franchise on July 6.

Police say Jackson was just walking around playing “Pokemon Go” and didn’t realize he had stepped into what is know as a bad neighborhood. A local store owner said he saw Marcus Jackson was stabbed and his belongings stolen right after recording the incident he immediately called the Chicago police department."

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Luke888 said:
I read that every time you open the App there's a warning stating to pay attention where you go when using the App.
Also given this is Ingress but with Pokémon the rise in such events should have already happened with that game, wouldn't it ?

I've actually never heard of Ingress before. I'm sure a lot of people have no clue about that game either. Pokémon has that brand name power though.

So what I'm seeing is people might be getting beat up at Gym locations and phones stolen so they can't take control of the Gym 🤕

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

What? Are you saying I simply can't battle them to a Pokemon battle so I can't take their money instead??

pbroy said:
Luke888 said:
I read that every time you open the App there's a warning stating to pay attention where you go when using the App.
Also given this is Ingress but with Pokémon the rise in such events should have already happened with that game, wouldn't it ?

I've actually never heard of Ingress before. I'm sure a lot of people have no clue about that game either. Pokémon has that brand name power though.

So what I'm seeing is people might be getting beat up at Gym locations and phones stolen so they can't take control of the Gym 🤕

According to my Phone Ingress currently has more than 10M downloads, certainly Pokémon has the potential to reach 100M+ but still if there weren't any cases before there won't be many with Pokémon GO...

Around the Network

eh, delete this

You can break into someones house and just say you were trying to catch a pokemon that was inside

Easy. Get into a Pokemon battle with the gangsters.

Just hope they don't enter the battle themselves and knock you out :^)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

If you live close enough to a bad neighborhood to the point where you can just walk there, then you were already in danger.

pbroy said:
Teen Playing “Pokemon Go” Stabbed And Mugged For His IPhone; In Bad Neighborhood

http://www.cartelpress.com/teen-playing-pokemon-go-stabbed-mugged-iphone/

"CHICAGO – 17 Year-old Marcus Jackson was stabbed and mugged for his iPhone after allegedly playing “Pokemon Go” a new app released by the franchise on July 6.

Police say Jackson was just walking around playing “Pokemon Go” and didn’t realize he had stepped into what is know as a bad neighborhood. A local store owner said he saw Marcus Jackson was stabbed and his belongings stolen right after recording the incident he immediately called the Chicago police department."

The only thing he could remember when he woke up in the hospital was that the thug boss was a big man with a very big, shiny chin and after stabbing him he mocked him with the phrase "What's wrong with you?"   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!