By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not gonna give up on Metroid... I actually do want another Metroid.

Goatseye said:
Kotastic said:
I like the motion control aiming for Splatoon. :|

Also you're comparing apples and oranges, Splatoon is an online multiplayer TPS, whereas Metroid would be more comparable to something like Uncharted or something. I do think Metroid has vast untouched potential, though something tells me Metroid would be better in the hands of Naughty Dog.

You're comparing apples and bananas. 

Metroid reboot was a 1st person shooter, it had nothing to do with a TPS or Uncharted for that matter. 

Do you think all of Metroid Prime is a FPS with no Third person portions in them? I'm just not utterly sure if we've played the same game if that is the case, sure the majority of the gun fire is done in first person, but there are large portions of the game played in third person.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

What? The Wii controls are much better than the GC controls, what are you talking about? The Other M is the reason Metroid was shelved. And Splatoon was not a success because it's a shooter, but because it's a team-based multiplayer game, Metroid cannot replicated that.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
Metroid as a franchise has a real strike against it with Nintendo. There is limited monetization in it for Amiibo. Look for the next installment to have less of an edge and more child-friendly characters that they can turn into Amiibo. At that point, I think they would consider it a more valuable IP.

I donno. The latest Amiibo from Breath of the Wild include two Link action poses and a scary looking Guardian. I think Nintendo could do well with Samus, Ridley, and Metroid Amiibo without changing the overall look of those characters/creatures.

That said, Amiibo can suck it.

Metroid isn't Legend of Zelda, though, and only has a fraction of the selling power.  While there will be multiple Samus Amiibo, just as with Link. there is also Zelda herself, semi-cute monsters, and you can count on some Amiibo-able side characters.  

I won't say that Nintendo's games will be dictated by Amiibo but it will certainly be a consideration during planning stages.  Major revenue streams are seldom after-thoughts.

pokoko said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I donno. The latest Amiibo from Breath of the Wild include two Link action poses and a scary looking Guardian. I think Nintendo could do well with Samus, Ridley, and Metroid Amiibo without changing the overall look of those characters/creatures.

That said, Amiibo can suck it.

Metroid isn't Legend of Zelda, though, and only has a fraction of the selling power.  While there will be multiple Samus Amiibo, just as with Link. there is also Zelda herself, semi-cute monsters, and you can count on some Amiibo-able side characters.  

I won't say that Nintendo's games will be dictated by Amiibo but it will certainly be a consideration during planning stages.  Major revenue streams are seldom after-thoughts.

God forbid. If Nintendo starts retrofitting its long-established series to make more money off Amiibo, then it will have truly lost its way.

I just want to go back to a time when you paid for your game upfront and that was the end of it until the sequel or expansion pack came out. No weapons and maps tucked behind a paywall. No cosmetic items and difficulty modes trapped in a plastic figure.

Le sigh.

MohammadBadir said:
Uhh.. Metroid's Wii controls were amazing lol. Much better than the GC.

The GC controls were godlike and I have yet to find an FPS with better ones.

Prime 3 on Wii was unplayable. I quit the game around the third boss fight in disgust at the stupid controls.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
MohammadBadir said:
Uhh.. Metroid's Wii controls were amazing lol. Much better than the GC.

The GC controls were godlike and I have yet to find an FPS with better ones.

Prime 3 on Wii was unplayable. I quit the game around the third boss fight in disgust at the stupid controls.

I guess that's something we have to agree to disagree on. I find the GC controls to be pretty bad.

CarcharodonKraz said:
guess i'm in the minority here. I didn't think any of the early wii fps controlled well until the conduit and subsequent fps that copied the control customization options. I still enjoyed corruption, but always hated how far you have to point the remote in a direction before you started turning and there was no way to change it. To me, the lock on controlling is what made the prime games control so well.
All that being said, i still enjoyed both versions of the trilogy and can't wait for the next metroid. Been a big fan since prime. Even liked otherM despite it's shortcomings. Coolest thing added to a metroid was the ridley life cycle imo. Would love another 3rd person affair too. Here's to a future metroid.

Metroids Corruption was the game that showed how to use the Wii mote for FPS. There were three different settings. The Conduit improved on the level of customization. You could make the box as big or as small as you wanted.