By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that were harmed/ruined for you by controls, input devices, button configuration, etc.

Has that ever happened to you? That you felt a game could have been better if the devs had made the controls some other way? If you had something else to play the game with, etc?

What game(s) was/were those?

What was it that ruin it(them) for you?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Star Fox Zero and Lair (ps3) come to mind.

crimson dragon Xone... pair with Lair...

In Sony We Trust!

Ocarina of Time.

most nintendo games

Around the Network

Star fox zero

I am bread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

While I absolutely love Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, I felt like the game's greatness were held back by such imprecise, awkward Wii motion controls that didn't properly register most of the time.

Golden Abyss really suffered from the touch screen controls.

The GCN version of Mega Man Anniversary, for some reason, has the shoot/jump buttons reversed, and you can't change them.

Throwing grenades in Rocket Birds on Vita touchscreen was a pain in the butt.

Most things that involved shaking, jerking, or rotating the Sixaxis, e.g., Killzone 2, Uncharted. It worked really well in games like Folklore though.

Myst for the 3DS, but controlls are just one of its many problems. Garbage port.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

For some reason, during the 6th gen, a lot of devs didn't know what to do with the right analog stick. It was a dodge button or it was reversed where left was right or something. Anyway:

Super Mario Sunshine, the early "Tank Control" RE games, Wave Race Blue Storm, and MGS 1 &2 (fine at the time but a chore nowadays) come to mind.