By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo make their games also available for PC?

Nintendo games on PC a good idea for Nintendo?

Yes 63 23.33%

No 184 68.15%

Pachinko is where the money's at! 23 8.52%

Total:270

Would it be a positive move business-wise?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

No, because it takes away the incentive to buy Nintendo hardware. And unlike Microsoft, they don't also make the OS that most PCs use.

They might as well be third party at that point.

What? Why would they ever do that unless they went third party? Which might not be too bad. Just devolop the odd huge zelda game for playstation and chin off home consoles

I would love to play Nintendo games on my PC, but I don't think they will do that.

Also, they don't need to go third party.

Nope, that would be the first step to become a third party, nope nope nope.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
No, because it takes away the incentive to buy Nintendo hardware. And unlike Microsoft, they don't also make the OS that most PCs use.

They might as well be third party at that point.

Pretty much.

Businesswise of course not.

But imagine how sweet it would be to play the new Zelda in 1440p on a PC equipped with a Nvidia GTX 1080 or the upcoming AMD Vega GPU?

It would kill their hardware business so nope... As a PC gamer tho, I would love it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Offcourse not, that is one strong reason less to own Nintendo hardware.

They might as well go third party if they did that. The ratio of people who own a WiiU AND a Gaming PC is almost certainly higher than the ratio of people who own a PS4/XBO AND a Gaming PC.