By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XB1 S is a Better Value than a $400 PC

ktay95 said:
Slimebeast said:
Where do people find these $400 gaming PCs?

At Newegg for example, the cheapest PC on par with a Xbox One costs $570, excluding shipping.

And then you need a monitor on top of that.

Here in Sweden the difference becomes even bigger. The Xbox One costs $290 while it's difficult to find a PC with similar specs for under $700.

Why would you ever use that arguement?? Can the Xbox One be played without a screen or something??

Because everyone has a TV, and often the person or the child is able to play on the console hooked to the TV.

But for PC you must buy a monitor regardless if you already have a TV you could play on.

Kid wants Xbox, momma pays $299 and kid can play instantly.

Kid wants gaming PC, daddy has to pay $570+$129=$699.

A huge difference.

Around the Network
Slimebeast 

But for PC you must buy a monitor regardless if you already have a TV you could play on.

No.

Slimebeast said:

Because everyone has a TV, and often the person or the child is able to play on the console hooked to the TV.

A huge difference.

I actually feel like you need to banned for trolling right now, surely you're trolling??

ktay95 said:
Slimebeast said:

A huge difference.

I actually feel like you need to banned for trolling right now, surely you're trolling??

What?! Of course not. Explain yourself!

In a real life situation almost nobody hooks up their PC to the TV for practical reasons, everyone ends up buying a monitor.

Conina said:
Slimebeast 

No.

Well, 99% of users will feel that must.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
ktay95 said:

In a real life situation almost nobody hooks up their PC to the TV for practical reasons, everyone ends up buying a monitor.

Well I have my PC hooked up to my 43-inch TV in my bedroom lol.

It depends on how many TV's are in the house, if you've only got a TV in the living room then you'd be right.

Barkley said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, and that's cool. But I bet it's not the main TV in your household. It's difficult to have a keyboard and mouse setting in the living room even if you live alone. Most people feel a desktop and KB&M is in the way and/or that it's unformfortable to play it sitting in a sofa.

Slimebeast said:
Barkley said:

Yes, and that's cool. But I bet it's not the main TV in your household. It's difficult to have a keyboard and mouse setting in the living room even if you live alone. Most people feel a desktop and KB&M is in the way and/or that it's unformfortable to play it sitting in a sofa.

Yeah but I feel like most people, even kids have a TV in their room. I don't know how common single-tv households are anymore.

Slimebeast said:
Barkley said:

I use controllers for almost every game I play on PC, coz you know PC has the option to use both natively.

ktay95 said:
Slimebeast said:

I use controllers for almost every game I play on PC, coz you know PC has the option to use both natively.

And what about the games that do require keyboard and mouse? It's hard to resist those once you get a PC.

It would be interesting to know how many PC gamers are active in the sub $600 segment hooked up to their TVs. I think very few.