By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Rio Olympics isn't going to be a disaster, right?

Rio Olympics...

It's gonna be fine... 6 18.75%

It's going to be a disas... 5 15.63%

It's gonna be the greate... 1 3.13%

It's going to be a catas... 15 46.88%

Brace for BraExit...Olympics Cancelled 5 15.63%

Total:32

It will be fine. Not a total disaster. Stories of unpreparedness happen every Olympiad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I think it will be fine. Some people said the same about the London Olympics before they started and that event went very well. Even Beijing and Athens had multiple problems before the games started, but everything went mostly smoothly during the event.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Just read about how Brazil promised to clean all of their waterfronts proir to getting the olympics. Meanwhile they're still dumping unfiltered wastewater into Guanabara Bay, not to mention all of the waste that goes in there anyways.
Triathletes will have to swim in that water in about six weeks, sport sailors and rowers have to paddle through there.
Seeing that they dump wastewater it might not just be gross but a health hazard.

I hope everything turns out fine but I guess we'll see soon.

It's completely fucked from every angle. The pollution, the corruption, the crime issues, the zika virus, athletes pulling out, dismal ticket sales. Did I miss anything?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

What is showed on the TV will be very good.
If the average Brazilian will get anything positive out of it is another question.