By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation: 21 Million PS+ Subscribers

MoHasanie said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So how many gold users would you say there are now? 25M?

No, I expect it to have decreased. Because at the time from when that figure is from, there were still many 360 users. Now with far fewer people using the 360, and many 360 owners upgrading to a PS4, I think there are probably 10-12m Gold subscribers now.  Of course, there's no way to know without numbers from Microsoft. 

It would make sense. MS lack of Gold sub figures could show that numbers are decreasing. 10-12M seems a little low though.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
MoHasanie said:

No, I expect it to have decreased. Because at the time from when that figure is from, there were still many 360 users. Now with far fewer people using the 360, and many 360 owners upgrading to a PS4, I think there are probably 10-12m Gold subscribers now.  Of course, there's no way to know without numbers from Microsoft. 

It would make sense. MS lack of Gold sub figures could show that numbers are decreasing. 10-12M seems a little low though.

Well MS has never revealed the amount of Gold subscriptions, only the amount of total Live subs (Gold + Silver). I don't even think the World of Tanks developer was allowed to give that 17m figure away. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DonFerrari said:
Kerotan said:

It's doing so well that it's affecting Sony as a company positively.  The Playstation eco system is making massive profits now and that's largely thanks to ps plus 

I bet you are a very happy frog with this info right? I know I'm

You could say,  I'm jumping with joy.... Hehehehe and 

SWORDF1SH said:
MoHasanie said:

It probably increased because the gold+silver active users have been increasing since then.

MoHasanie said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So how many gold users would you say there are now? 25M?

I don't know but I think 10-12 mill is a tad too low?

But you're probably right in that the number has decreased since then given that the 17 mill was in the holidays where the amount of subscribers tends to peak and as you said Xbox was far more dominant during the 360 years especially in the US and among the multiplayer crowd that represents most of PSN and XBL's paying subscribers.

According to latest numbers we have:

PlayStation Plus subscribers (paid): 20.8 mill
PlayStation Network MAU (paid + free): 60+ mill
PlayStation Network accounts (free): ?

Xbox Live Gold subscribers (paid): 17 mill
Xbox Live MAU (paid + free): 48 mill
Xbox Live accounts (free): ?

MoHasanie said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well MS has never revealed the amount of Gold subscriptions, only the amount of total Live subs (Gold + Silver). I don't even think the World of Tanks developer was allowed to give that 17m figure away. 

Do you have the number of total Xbox Live accounts? I couldn't find any new numbers for neither total PSN accounts nor total Xbox Live accounts. The only new-ish number I managed to find was 110 mill PSN accounts in July 2013.

Around the Network

It's very sad when half the PS4 base gets duped like that. How many millions are paying so a few thousand play online all the time? Ah well... at least i never have. ^^

Online play on the PC ftw!

Edit: Sigh... i feel the need to edit this post because apparantly it isn't clear enough that this is MY opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Nem said:
It's very sad when half the PS4 base gets duped like that. How many millions are paying so a few thousand play online all the time? Ah well... at least i never have. ^^

Well, I subscribed to PS+ far before PS4 was released due to the free games on PS3.

These are just some of the titles you got on PS3:
Wipeout HD
Burnout Paradise
Far Cry 2 + 3 + Blood Dragon
InFamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Space 2 + 3
Borderlands 1 + 2
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Crysis 2 + 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum + City
Vanquish
BioShock 2 + Infinite
Mortal Kombat
Sleeping Dogs
Mass Effect 2 + 3
Ōkami HD
Hitman: Absolution
Demon's Souls
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Battlefield 3
Mafia II
Assassin's Creed III
The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Tomb Raider (2013)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
God of War Ascension
Twisted Metal
Dragon Age: Origins
etc.

Nowadays, you get 6 games a month for $4. Still pretty good value to me (or else I wouldn't subscribe).

If Nintendo ever launched a similar service (free games + online play) wouldn't you be interested?

Nem said:

What are you even talking about?

After gaming online for free for 7 years (ps3) I got ps4 last year and my PS+ subscription give me a reason to turn on my ps3 still.

Mike_L said:
Nem said:

Well, I subscribed to PS+ far before PS4 was released due to the free games on PS3.

These are just some of the titles you got on PS3:
-snip-

etc.

Nowadays, you get 6 games a month for $4. Still pretty good value to me (or else I wouldn't subscribe).

If Nintendo ever launched a similar service (free games + online play) wouldn't you be interested?

If you are getting for the games, fair enough. Not that they don't have great sales anyways, so even if you didn't sub you would be able to get them by as cheap or cheaper.

But that in no way justifies hiding the acess to online gaming to dupe people into paying for something they hardly use under the guise that you "might" get some good free games. PS4 has shown you mostly indie games.

And no i would not. And i find it sad that you are trying to write me off as a Nintendo fan. I have more Sony systems than Nintendo and microsoft system you know? Doesn't make me a Sony fan either. I will point out the smelly stuff anywhere i see it.