By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU Falling Apart - Consequences?

If the EU would fall apart (it won't) basically the whole world as we know it would fall apart. Europe would transform into a whole lot of third world countries with people starving to death left and right. In the middle of that you have wealthy germany, but without the current trades, that wealth should go down the drain pretty quickly. Anyhow, the rest of the world, especially china, the US and japan would also be seriously affected, it could lead to nothing less than the complete breakdown of the financial system.

But that's just me fantasizing. Without the EU our world would look different and I don't think it would be a pretty sight. But we'll never know. Even if the EU does break down at some point, we won't be around to witness it anymore. Personally, I think the USA will break down before that, with just as dramatic consequences. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Football clubs would be screwed.

Eh. Our football is terrible already anyway so if that's all...

S.Peelman said:
RolStoppable said:
Football clubs would be screwed.

Eh. Our football is terrible already anyway so if that's all...

Ya'll got the NFL up in GB? Well I'll be a suck eyed mule! Thought ya'll just had that sorcer sport where ya'll kick them their balls.

Peh said:
Baryonyx said:
 EU have been used as a economical tool to strengthen the German and Austrian economy, because the only groceries that can be bought in full pledged EU members countries are made in Austria, it's basically a monopoly by force..

It did? Don't you think that the skilled engineers working in Germany (I don't know about Austrian) are the ones who should receive the fame? Or maybe it's the German Abilities(?), Skills(?), Stubbornness(?), Motivations(?), or Detemination(?) and so on that brought them there where they 

Yes it did and i can't see what engineers  got anything to do with EU monopolizing a market.
I can't see what German's abilities got anything to do with EU controlling what product's should be allowed in the stores acrss Europeans EU members. 
I don't see how you can take somethin as irrelevant and out of place and derail or jack the entire conversation with it. 

We are talking about EU, their corrupt members who are using EU as a tool for power, personal wealth. 
They are one big giant money-drain and they waste billions of resources everyday, like closing down small farms and such to replace that market with their own product's produced in Austra, capitalized and monopolized the food market in Europe. 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Baryonyx said:
Peh said:

It did? Don't you think that the skilled engineers working in Germany (I don't know about Austrian) are the ones who should receive the fame? Or maybe it's the German Abilities(?), Skills(?), Stubbornness(?), Motivations(?), or Detemination(?) and so on that brought them there where they 

Yes it did and i can't see what engineers  got anything to do with EU monopolizing a market.
I can't see what German's abilities got anything to do with EU controlling what product's should be allowed in the stores acrss Europeans EU members. 
I don't see how you can take somethin as irrelevant and out of place and derail or jack the entire conversation with it. 

We are talking about EU, their corrupt members who are using EU as a tool for power, personal wealth. 
They are one big giant money-drain and they waste billions of resources everyday, like closing down small farms and such to replace that market with their own product's produced in Austra, capitalized and monopolized the food market in Europe. 

don't buy their products then and make them yourself.

Around the Network

Seeing what's happened in the UK, I'd expect European economy to collapse. Long-term, it would heal, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the UK to know whether it would heal to the level it was at before leaving the EU. Another consequence I can see is Russia's influence in Europe rising, because negotiating with a big and powerful union is probably much more difficult than negotiating with weaker individual states.

Baryonyx said:
Peh said:

Well, I don't know about this so it's news to me.

Care to provide some proof?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

The EU is nothing more than a block of European nations that have been joined together to pool their financial resources. The EU takes away the independence from the European nations signed up to the economic contract. The countries on their own can become free and liberated and run their own economic affairs without the EU. It is not fair that the economic strong nations have to pay more to support the smaller European nations.

We need to give the dust time to settle. Everything is in flux and the media are making hay while the sun shines. Hold fast and assess the true damage in a year or so. This alarmist, knee jerk mentality gets us nowhere (not a dig at the OP). We're in the renegotiation stage right now and instability of the markets was always going to be a factor. The pound may take a while to fully recover but there's no reason to doubt it will eventually. Whether it ends up stronger or weaker is the only uncertainty, but it certainly won't look as weak as it is right now.

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Oh, And No Man's Sky releases in August!

The PS5 Exists. 

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The EU is nothing more than a block of European nations that have been joined together to pool their financial resources. The EU takes away the independence from the European nations signed up to the economic contract. The countries on their own can become free and liberated and run their own economic affairs without the EU. It is not fair that the economic strong nations have to pay more to support the smaller European nations.

yes it is and not only that it even is in the strong nations best interest. if there is one universal law it's the law of balance. every extreme inequality balances itself out sooner or later. it's just a question of if a lot of people have to die for it (war) or if you ease the tensions before that.