By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Should Have 4 More Conferences This Year.

Metrium said:
LordLichtenstein said:

It must be tough only having Zelda.

The difference about nintendo and Sony and it's fanboys is that they don't seem to be desperate for headlines claiming they ''won E3''. If showing a bunch of 2018 games makes you happy, good for you. But announcing in 2016 games that will launch at 2018 at the earliest is not what gets me excited. 2015 fanboys claimed sony had the best conference ever thx to shenmue and FF7 (one just entered kickstarter and the other was purely cinematic). Where are these games now one year later? Still no launch in sight. They showed this year Kojima just cause they wanted to brag about him despite him having NOTHING to show. He even admitted he does'nt have a engine for the game yet.

You think Nintendo could'nt have showed the entire NX launch line-up if they wanted to? You think they could'nt have made up cgi trailers for games planned for 2018 for wich they only have concept arts if they wanted to?

Your kind of transparent attitude and ppl who feel the need to identify themselves to the success of billion$ companies is cancer to gaming communities. You chose to ''identify'' yourself to Sony and buy their product. Good for you. Don't have a smug attitude because of this, cause that does'nt make you a ''winner'' or w/v you seem to think. I chose to buy all three consoles. So when a company announce a game I'm happy. Not because in some sick way I'm happy when a company is having success over others, but because I get to play it. How sad must you be to search happiness in the sucess of rich companies getting richer just cause they are the company you chose to give your money to? Unless you are a investor that is. That's as silly as me, because I'm driving a Honda, acting all smug because Honda sold more cars than Toyota and Ford.

Comment of the decade!!!

Around the Network
topolino227 said:

No, the difference is, Nintendos Fanbase is a LOT lower than PS/Xbox ! And its that low for a good reason, because they fail to deliver (imo) like Xbox/PS ! And if you think there were no Nintendo "Fanboys" saying they won E3, than i dont know in what World you are living. EVERY Brand is having "Fanboys" and the difference is Nintendos Fanbase is the lowest. Its like Apple/Samsung are the big two in phones and then LG, HTC, Sony or whatever are far behind and thats it.

That was'nt my point. I wanted to show the differences between the two companies approaching E3. For Sony it seem important to ''win e3'' so they show 2018 games. My point is that Nintendo could have also shown 2018 games if they wanted to, but it's not their way of approaching the show. Offcaurse they are fanboys for every platforms downplaying what other platforms announced and claiming that their console of choice won. But that was'nt my point and I think I was clear about what I thought about these fanboys.

As for the number of fanbase. I think you are wrong. Nintendo is really beloved by it's fans and you can't judge the number of fanboys purely by the number of console sold. You seem to jump to the conclusion that WiiU sold less that Xone/Ps4, therefore they have less fanboys, wich is false. How do you argue the fact that Nintendo first party games usualy sell more than other first party games? You also can't forget the 3DS and Wii.

I have a Xbox One, and I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. Just because a console did'nt achieve mainstream sucess does'nt mean it doesnt have alot of fanboys. The grand majority of ppl who own a console are'nt fans. The majority of sales commes from mainstream audience that picked a console, that does'nt make them fans or fanboys. Wii sold so many units, not because Nintendo had more fans than it did with the GC. WiiU did'nt achieve mainstream success but because of that, one could argue that everyone who bought it must be a Nintendo fan, while most ppl who bought a PS4/Xone did'nt buy those cause they were fans, but because they happened to chose that console for one reason or a other. Proof of this is how Xbox 360 dominated ps3 in the US for most of the previous gen. Now PS4 is dominating, not because Microsoft lost their milions of fans to sony, but because the VAST majority of ppl who buys console just buy a product, plain and simple, and they chose a product on reasons other than fanboyism.

3DS sold alot, Nintendo first party games sells historicaly better than other first party games. Nintendo's booth and Zelda was the most popular thing at E3 (most coverage and atendees going to it with a 4h line just to play a demo despite Nintendo have sooo many demo units) And finaly nintendo side products sell way more than other companies. By side products I mean Tshirts, shoes, plushies, hats.... You can't tell me that Microsoft and Sony sell more T-shirts based on their franchises than Nintendo. I would'nt be suprised to learn that Zelda products alone beats all M$/Sony franchise related products combined. Fine, maybe not, but still... And add to that Mario, Pokémon. How do you explain ALL this I just mentioned on this paragraph if they don't have atleast a competing number of fanboys?(if not more). While your only argument seems to be that WiiU sucked. (if you have more arguments, you can feel free to let me know). And if by ''fanbase'' you meant users or clients, than still 3DS+WiiU > Other companies.

My goal is not to convince anyone that ''my company has more fanboys than your's'' since I really don't care about that, my point is that their is no way of saying wich company has more fanboys.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Just posting before this is closed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So even listing Sony games and how they could possible fill 4 event in a Sony discussion and mention nothing about Nintendo or MS even generates hate.

I see a few people in here that I know have no interest in Sony but yet still come and derail the thread. It's not the first time I've seen these people in Sony threads to flame, bait and troll and yet they are allowed to continually do it.

Around the Network

Dear mods,

Instead of closing this thread, could you be so kind and tell these users to stay on topic?

Thanks.

Feels like too many conferences. I think two conferences a year is enough.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Seems like too many conferences. I think one conference a year is enough.

I am the exact opposit, I can't get enough. :D

LordLichtenstein said:
Dear mods,

Instead of closing this thread, could you be so kind and tell these users to stay on topic?

Thanks.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217708&page=1

That thread that Veknoid already linked has the same content, and the same message as this thread, and it was posted by you just a bit more than a week ago. If you wanted to continue the discussion, why didn't you just bump that thread instead of creating another thread with the same content? It gets tedious to see threads with repetetive content made by the same users, so it shouldn't surprise you to get called out on it. Especially not when your response is "It must be tough having only Zelda"....

Teeqoz said:
LordLichtenstein said:
Dear mods,

Thanks.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217708&page=1

That thread that Veknoid already linked has the same content, and the same message as this thread, and it was posted by you just a bit more than a week ago. If you wanted to continue the discussion, why didn't you just bump that thread instead of creating another thread with the same content? It gets tedious to see threads with repetetive content made by the same users, so it shouldn't surprise you to get called out on it. Especially not when your response is "It must be tough having only Zelda"....

This will sound very stupid, but I actually forgot about it. You're absolutely right.
He had it coming. He hasn't done anything else, then derailing Sony threads since E3.

Mods, go ahead and close either one. :)