By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo Could Be 5.5tf ($399 - $599)

more than 499 is insanity

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
Pemalite said:

That could very well be the case, but I prefer to take a more pragmatic "wait and see" approach.
Xbox gamers will be happy in having superior graphics though either way.

The only ones who will take advantage of all that power are Microsoft's studios, maybe. There won't be much of a difference in graphical fidelity between NEO and SCORPIO, at least not in such a way that it matters.

Furthermore, Xbox gamers can have "the most powerful" console if that makes them happy, because we at Playstation have better games, better studios and much greater talent working on exclusive games. :)

Bethesda confirmed that they would be taking advantage of the power of Scorpio. 

I'm not spending $600 on it for sure. If it's around $450 and it gives me the ability to play games like Horizon and Uncharted 4 at 1080p/60fps, then great.

$599 US Dollars for a console only twice as powerful then one that can't even guarantee 60fps on most if not all games?

LMFAO

So if PS4 has upgraded gpu, is it delayed now?

Curse MS if so! I want my Neo this year, 4.2tflopz is enough for me! I just want my FFXV, GTSport to look shinier this holiday.

Around the Network

- 5.5tf

- Sony will not visit $599 price point again

- $499 is the preferable launch price, but Sony might have to wait until Q1 2017. They haven't decided yet.

I really do think Sony will make the NEO as powerful if not more powerful than the Scorpio since they really do seem to like being the most powerful console on the market these days (and as far as I can tell, being the most powerful has definitely been a part of their success).

I hope it's around 5.5 or more teraflops though because developers usually make a game based on the lesser powerful console as far as the Xbox and PlayStation franchise are concerned. If the NEO is close to the Scorpio, then developers should be able to fully utilize both consoles.

yo_john117 said:
I really do think Sony will make the NEO as powerful if not more powerful than the Scorpio since they really do seem to like being the most powerful console on the market these days (and as far as I can tell, being the most powerful has definitely been a part of their success).

I hope it's around 5.5 or more teraflops though because developers usually make a game based on the lesser powerful console as far as the Xbox and PlayStation franchise are concerned. If the NEO is close to the Scorpio, then developers should be able to fully utilize both consoles.

It doesn't need to be more powerful. Sony's production values are so far ahead of other developers that they can make games look better than current high end PC games on vanilla PS4s.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
yo_john117 said:

It doesn't need to be more powerful. Sony's production values are so far ahead of other developers that they can make games look better than current high end PC games on vanilla PS4s.

I don't really buy into your "production value" agenda, but at 1080p, games for the Scorpio at 6TF and Neo at 4.2TF wouldn't look that different. There's only so much stuff you can improve at that resolution with that kind of power. Games could target a clean picture quality with supersampling/downsampling, or apply better AA, with a more stable or higher framerate, less shimmering, less/no jaggies, faster load times, etc... It's at 4K that both consoles would start to show quite a difference. Because 6TF is already barely enough to have great looking 4K graphics running at a respectable performance level. So the Neo at 4.2 would have a hard time keeping up for sure. It would most likely be native 4k VS upscaled 4K. In which case, the Scorpio would have the edge. 

That's why I hope the extra power will be used to perfect the 1080p experience, rather than aim for native 4K gaming. A properly anti-aliased 1080p picture looks quite crisp enough for me. Give me no pop-ins of assets and textures/effects, and rock solid performance over sub-par 4K gaming.

GribbleGrunger said:
yo_john117 said:

It goes far beyond graphics.

- Animations
- Storytelling
- Cinematography
- Directing (Neil, I am talking about you)
- And with better directing comes better performances from your cast

Seriously, I could go on and on.