By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To people purchasing NX, will you support third party games?

If you are thinking about or going to buy NX, will you buy third party titles?

Yes, I will be purchasing... 104 29.63%

Yes, but probably not that many. 79 22.51%

Not particularly, unless ... 85 24.22%

No, I only will be purcha... 47 13.39%

I for sure will not be buying Nintendo NX. 36 10.26%

Total:351

I want to actually SEE the freaking NX first.

Everyone has been throwing rumors around, for like a year. It's getting obnoxious. I will wait for Nintendo to actually announce it, and gives us the details. I DO want Breath of the Wild, but I already have a WiiU so, I may just get it for that instead.

Around the Network

depends on what third party games they get like if they get Mass Effect Andorma and Tales Of Berseria then i will probably get them on NX but i have no plans to get like CoD or EA Sport games on NX or any system for that matter.

Absolutely... if they're good games/ports.

I will support those that interest me. It's common sense if you ask me.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I will get a NX, but I do not see myself buy a third party game that I could of obtained on steam. I did get Sonic Lost World on the WiiU, but I am not sure if I would have gotten that game if I knew it was going to come out on Steam.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

Around the Network

With most 3rd party being on PC at this point (far more than in the past) I'm finding it hard to buy any for any consoles.

If that microsoft thing works out with the games being available on both pc and Xbox while just buying it once that alone would win me over for that reason heh

I buy the best version of the games I want based on the hardware I own. If that means NX, so be it. Hell, I bought a lot of WiiU 3rd party games just because I liked the GamePad integration. I won't buy weaker out of sympathy, though. When i owned PS3 and 360, I preferred 360 but I still bought several games on PS3. Same with my XBO and PS4--it they're the same i go Xbox. If they're different, I go with the best version (normally PS4).

Exclusives - sure. If I can get the game on my PC - nope.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Ljink96 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

What's with Activision and Ubisoft? (and EA)

Ubisoft! Forgot about them. But EA, don't care for their games. Don't care for Activisions games either. Ubsisoft, I'll play Assassins Creed and maybe Rayman, a couple of their other games too.

Oh ok, if you don't care then that's ok.

I though you mean "i don't buy an EA game cause is EA!" or something like this.

Depends on the game. If it is an online game and most of my friends are on PS4, they I go PS4. If it is single player or a game my friends are not getting, I get it for NX. I want to support Nintendo in having a healthy HW business to go with their excellent SW so NX will be my normal 3rd party purchase system. And since I refuse to buy Neo or Scorpio, it will likely be the most powerful anyway.

I will not support shoddy ports though, so balls in your court 3rd party.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261