By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brexit discussion thread- UPDATE: the majority chose leave!

Should Britain stay or leave?

Stay! 185 48.43%

Leave! 197 51.57%

Total:382
MoHasanie said:
Soundwave said:

These have been distributed around London areas targetting Polish immigrants, lovely (not):

That's horrible. And that's in London where there are so many different types of people living together. I'd hate to be Eastern European and live in the racist and poor North of the country. 

That's the second time you've called the north racist you condescending prat, how anyone hasn't called you out on your hypocritcal attitude before is beyond me.  

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

These have been distributed around London areas targetting Polish immigrants, lovely (not):

[image of tweet about notices distributed around Huntingdon]

Since when has Huntingdon been in London?

Get your facts right - it might help prevent idiot responses like the one below:

MoHasanie said:

That's horrible. And that's in London where there are so many different types of people living together. I'd hate to be Eastern European and live in the racist and poor North of the country. 

(And no, Huntingdon is not in the North, either)

There's far too much panic at the moment but I guess it was expected. Britain will get through this and other EU countries will more than likely follow suit. It will be a hard 2 years as they set up their trade deals and the deals will be done, other EU countries are no way going to stop dealing with Britain, except now we're also free to trade with the rest of the world without having to ask the EU if we can and what we're allowed to do.l and what's the rules so there's ALOT more freedom on how to rule the country, the potential is massive. Merkel has already said shes willing to wait and offer deals but it's the main EU president (juncker) that's having the main mardy and threating Britain with doom and gloom at the moment so it's obvious why. Britain was the 2nd biggest payer into the EU after Germany and it helped them out a lot, especially as most of Germany's money was helping out Greece but now he's got to figure out a way to distribute the money missing from Britains contribution, which will probably mean more money from Germany and France and other big EU nations its basically a big headache for him. The Czechs leader and Austrian leader are already blaming him for the brexit and want him out so he won't be to happy at Britain for that either.
Scotland are more than likely going to vote for independence. Nicola sturgeon has always wanted this since she took over the SNP she basically dislikes England as she lives in the past in that respect, She wants to be person who "frees" Scotland but it'll be a shock to them if they do. As a country in the UK, Scotland received ALOT more than they paid into the EU as the rest of the U.K carried the costs in that area, But as a independent country they will have to pay thier own membership and it doesn't come cheap, they will almost definitely have to change thier currency to EURO aswell. As for Nothern Ireland, but can't see them leaving the UK.

By the way I voted remain but I'm not falling for all the doom and gloom and looking at it more positively.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Brexit voters will probably be stitched up anyway. Staying in the single market, means free movement of labour.

Why are people so offended when the word "racism" is used? LOL. That sign targetting Poles is pretty much the dictionary definition of racism. I mislabelled is as London, but what ever area that is such a message is abhorrent.

Racism exists, saying it doesn't is like saying people aren't petty or ignorant or angry or prone to any of their lesser natures any more, sure we are. It's always out there. It's part of the darker side of the human pysche and will be for our life time. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Why are people so offended when the word "racism" is used? LOL. That sign targetting Poles is pretty much the dictionary definition of racism. I mislabelled is as London, but what ever area that is such a message is abhorrent.

Racism exists, saying it doesn't is like saying people aren't petty or ignorant or angry or prone to any of their lesser natures any more, sure we are. It's always out there. It's part of the darker side of the human pysche and will be for our life time. 

Nobody is offended by the word racism, "LOL", it's the sweeping generalization of a whole area of a country thats the issue, that would be like saying all germans are pale skinned cucks.

Soundwave said:

*Pic*

You should post it on Scisca's wall.

Soundwave said:

The racism makes me feel sick tbh. But to say that people genuinely voting for a pro democracy outcome are racist by association is just as bad. Remainers really should be ashamed at their unabashed pro a autocracy stance in all this.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

JazzyJeez said:
Soundwave said:

Nobody is offended by the word racism, "LOL", it's the sweeping generalization of a whole area of a country thats the issue, that would be like saying all germans are pale skinned cucks.

I would like to apologize for what I said earlier. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought I read somewhere that the North is more racist because it's less developed and the people have interacted less with other races, and this was also based on my personal observations, but after doing some research on the topic, there isn't any proof of it being true. 

However, next time you should speak more politely and refrain from using terms like "condescending prat". 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Soundwave said:
Cirio said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-sharp-spike-in-racist-incidents-reported-after-the-brexit-vote/ar-AAhE8xs?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Not surprising that racial tension is one of the primary reasons for the result. Things will only get worse as this continues.

Just goes to show how stupid but yet how deeply ingrained racial hatred can be ... Polish people are European and look just like white Brits, yet here they are being hated against. 

Racism is an insidious disease, it's like a cancer that doesn't go away, it just tricks you into thinking it has. 

Some people just do not have the brain power to view themselves as a human being, everything must be broken down to them in very simplistic terms (ie: I am a part of this nation/ethnic/religious group) they cannot comprehend anything bigger than that. It's basically tribal thinking that we haven't evolved out of. 

The world today is too complicated for them, they are like an outdated computer trying to run a modern OS without enough RAM and processing power. 

People say they "only" hate X/Y/Z type of people, but even if you remove that group then they'll just hate some other group. Hate is something is an unquenchable thirst, if everyone on the planet was the same race, ate the same food, worshipped the same religion, etc. etc. we'd still have wars/xenophobia over the same shit, just we'd invent new stupid lines of division, like people with freckles or brown eyes or something arbirtray are now lesser and then we'd start the cycle again. It's pathetic. 

Quite disturbing how true this is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.