By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I've tried SteamOS on my PC...

Chazore said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You keep talking about Linux's growth but we don't really see it happening. As its been pointed out in the thread, Linux user numbers have actually gone down in Steam even though Steam is pushing Linux.

You're the one that brought up what people will be using hundreds of years from now. I didn't say people will care what I think hundreds of years from now. Its obvious you're frustrated with me and trying to insult me, I suggest you settle down.

And yet we have no concrete proof that Linux is dying (because lets face it it;s either growing or dying, no "it's stuck in the middle of nowhere" option to use), we use Steam but we have nowhere else to use and yet I'm still seeing forums and Steam pages with Linux users voicing their opinions, but I guess we could easily without counting just label them as a vastly small minority (because it's much easier to say than to do these days).

I brought up that 100 years from now Windows won't be the same let alone be around forever. I suggest you settle down yourself, I've seen your frustration (and clear moderation) through numerous MS topics, don't tell me to pipe down until you do yourself period.

I didn't claim Linux is dying. Its just not growing in a significant way if at all.

I'm calm, you're the one clearly getting worked up in this thread. If you wanna drag unrelated MS threads into this, feel free. But is that the topic?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't claim Linux is dying. Its just not growing in a significant way if at all.

I'm calm, you're the one clearly getting worked up in this thread. If you wanna drag unrelated MS threads into this, feel free. But is that the topic?

You don't seem to be calm if you feel you ened to drag the topic on a day later.

You've set your own bar for Linux progression anyway, to you it's never going to grow regardless of what happens. I brought up MS related topics because I've seen instances where you were upset and let things go to a point where you were moderated, lets not pretend you've never been upset before or always remaiend "calm". If you want to keep this going say another day later by all means go for it, but is it going to carry any value to the topic?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You don't seem to be calm if you feel you ened to drag the topic on a day later.

You've set your own bar for Linux progression anyway, to you it's never going to grow regardless of what happens. I brought up MS related topics because I've seen instances where you were upset and let things go to a point where you were moderated, lets not pretend you've never been upset before or always remaiend "calm". If you want to keep this going say another day later by all means go for it, but is it going to carry any value to the topic?.

Sorry, I guess life gets in the way of a quick response.

You were speaking as if Linux was growing in a significant way, but its not and it seems like you've backed off on that. I think this conversation is over.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, we don't need to remind people about their mod history. Let it end there.

It ends when they decide it does, like I said before it's been a whole day since the last reply, does there really need to be another day until it's opened again.

Also if you don't need to remind people of mod histoy then I;m sure that would also fall under the mods themselves, just something I'm starting to take notice of.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, we don't need to remind people about their mod history. Let it end there.

Why not, bans are so gratuitous here that we could exhange it as legal currency in this forum.

Around the Network

Android is actually based on Linux, this makes Linux the most successful and widespread OS ever.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seriously, no one wants a Steam that plays a small fraction of the games Steam has...and which run worse.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

CGI-Quality said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Why not, bans are so gratuitous here that we could exhange it as legal currency in this forum.

As you can see from his Warning, I don't advise it. More than that, it goes completely against the purpose of this thread.......... a thread you created.

My apologies if I sound bitter, but it's because I've been banned several times, most of which by you, for reasons I don't really agree with.

Mafioso said:

Seriously, no one wants a Steam that plays a small fraction of the games Steam has...and which run worse.

Most of the performes hit is due to driver support, which is getting better. It's certainly not because Linux is slower (it's not).

WolfpackN64 said:

My apologies if I sound bitter, but it's because I've been banned several times, most of which by you, for reasons I don't really agree with.

That would make for two of us in that respect.

WolfpackN64 said:
Mafioso said:

Most of the performes hit is due to driver support, which is getting better. It's certainly not because Linux is slower (it's not).

I just hope they keep up with consistancy to keep the drivers more up to speed with others. I'm one of those people who would love to have another OS option that doesn't involve me shackling myself to 10.