By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vue is on Roku Now!

Just found out that PlayStation Vue (which is what I use in place of cable) is now on Roku. For anyone who hasn't used Vue before, I recommend trying out the free trial; is actually pretty fantastic. 

This comes at a particularly good time for me, as I was about to cave and get a Google Chromecast for each room to run TV (I was running through PS4 and my PS3 until now), but now I can get Roku Sticks instead! I'll never go back to cable! 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:

Just found out that PlayStation Vue (which is what I use in place of cable) is now on Roku. For anyone who hasn't used Vue before, I recommend trying out the free trial; is actually pretty fantastic. 

This comes at a particularly good time for me, as I was about to cave and get a Google Chromecast for each room to run TV (I was running through PS4 and my PS3 until now), but now I can get Roku Sticks instead! I'll never go back to cable! 

This is a big step for Vue. Next week it is coming to Android Phones and Tablets as well. 

Now all they need is more a la carte options. I need HBO, MLB Network, NFL Network, and WWE Network.

Hopefully the push from Sony, Sling, Hulu, Youtube, and the rest will force the National broadcast to be legally required to stream to these platforms as they are to cable.

@Azuren Quick Heads Up: The Vue experience on Roku is much different than on PlayStation and Amazon Fire devices due to Rokus lacking hardware. May want to check it out in some youtube reviews to see if the downgraded interface is gonna be a turn off.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I wonder how big playstation vue can grow... on this forum everyone seems to speak well of it.

JRPGfan said:
I wonder how big playstation vue can grow... on this forum everyone seems to speak well of it.

Vue has massive potential. Being nation wide it can grow bigger than Comcast or Time Warner, it all depends how how competetive Sony stays. 

As far as services go, I have never seen Sony put forth such a well planned and exicuted effort. They are marketing hard, and partenering up with many of the major braodcasters to push Vue during major events. They have continued to expand to more and more platforms, and are now available on basically all major OS's. 

If they can get the rest of the regional sports channels, secure A&E/History, get all local broadcasts, and partener with all OTT and preimium networks, then there is really no reason they couldn't be the number one payed television provider in the US.

Over the next year, the competition will ramp up greatly though. Hulu, Youtube, and AT&T all have similar products that are supposed to go live in the next 12 months. Then Apple is also on again off again working to put their own thing together.

The best part is, we all win, because there has never been this level of competition in the market place. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This is awesome for me. I'm planning on switching to Vue in about a week and was going to have to purchase an Amazon Fire TV, but now I don't have to. Can't wait for it to launch on Android, too.

Around the Network

I've been looking at switching to Vue, but my one hesitation is because of my data cap with my internet provider. For the people who use Vue, how much data do you use and about how many hours of watching is that?

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

KBG29 said:
Azuren said:

This is a big step for Vue. Next week it is coming to Android Phones and Tablets as well. 

Now all they need is more a la carte options. I need HBO, MLB Network, NFL Network, and WWE Network.

Hopefully the push from Sony, Sling, Hulu, Youtube, and the rest will force the National broadcast to be legally required to stream to these platforms as they are to cable.

@Azuren Quick Heads Up: The Vue experience on Roku is much different than on PlayStation and Amazon Fire devices due to Rokus lacking hardware. May want to check it out in some youtube reviews to see if the downgraded interface is gonna be a turn off.

I've already got a number of Rokus in the house, so it was just a matter of trying it out. It's not as streamlined as PS3 or PS4, but I've got TV in every room now. Can't wait to try it on Android. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames