By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If NX "fails" in the same way the Wii U has, will you abandon Nintendo?

If the NX flops, I will...

Abandon Nintendo for good. 100 20.24%

Still support them. 173 35.02%

I only buy Nintendo first... 84 17.00%

I will buy the games if t... 89 18.02%

Other....comments. 48 9.72%

Total:494
onionberry said:
I don't care if the NX fails commercially like the wii u, if Nintendo delivers a good console with great games then I'll keep buying their stuff. also, zelda.

THIS. Tbh Wii U was a very satisfying purchase from my part. I love all the games on it

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

This stuff doesn't matter to me, the next Animal Crossing, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4 will be on NX, which I was going to buy anyway, so it doesn't matter one way or another. If anything it means I'll probably be able to enjoy those games with better graphics sooner than I would have otherwise had they just released on Wii U. 

So whatever. I needed to play Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Smash U, Splatoon, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, so passing on a Wii U was a non-option, whatever Nintendo IP it didn't get means the NX will, so me it doesn't matter. 

But we could have still gotten those installments on Wii U even if they get another on NX, basically just more and better games overall. You like Splatoon right, so that's a good example. Splatoon was supposed to be done receiving free content in January, but they recently put out more further enhancing potential enjoyment of the game (I most certainly enjoy the Slosher improvements). This definitely wouldn't have been the case had it only sold 100k copies, and we probably wouldn't be seeing a Splatoon 2 either.

Goodnightmoon said:

What the hell are you talking about man? I was only questioning one of your points, one specific point that made no sense to me, everything else is purely your imagination lol

Are you referring to my post as a whole or just the first sentence that's clearly a joke? The rest of my post was defending said point.

No. I'm not in it for the popularity. If they ever abandon their creativity and quality, then Ill consider leaving.

No, because as much a commercial failure Wii U was it still has a fantastic software line up. I expect NX to also have quality Nintendo games even if it sells 15 million or 100 million.

Einsam_Delphin said:
I'll abandon Nintendo when they fail to deliver a solid amount of solid games, so basically never.

What Delphin said.

As a video game fan, I can't imagine a world without Nintendo games.

Around the Network

Well I abandoned nintendo after N64 so skipped GC and Wii but bought a Wiiu so never say never

I owe them no sort of loyalty. I oinly got 2 of their consoles. The GC and the Wii U. I doubt i will be getting the NX.

To be fair, i'm not even a fan of their most popular IP's. I'm not a fan of mario, i think he is dumb. I was a SEGA and sonic fan and still am (of the old version, not current day).

But i do like a couple of IP's they got. Xenoblade and Fire emblem.

Well.. I would keep playing their stuff in other platforms.
I´m not sure if I´ll get a NX.... there´s so much to play on my backlog of WiiU and 3ds games..

I don't think anyone should ever completely turn their back on a company, if they do something bad, don't buy it if a few years pass and they release something incredible, buy that. Vote with your wallet, but never vote ahead of time imo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

People has abandoned them already.