By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metriod Prime Federation Force gets a new Trailer and Amiibo support details

Woo Amiibo support, because that will definitely help the game's popularity!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

all I'm going to add is this: Nintendo has disabled the likes/dislikes on a LOT of their Metroid Prime Federation Force videos on Youtube (for example the more recent video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbKY_DYLZf8).. I think that clearly speaks volumes about the reception of this game and the fact that Nintendo is totally ignoring the Metroid fanbase on this one. which is a mega mistake.

it also makes me lose a bit of respect for the big N- to block something like likes/dislikes is just incredibly ignorant and shows a "we have no interest of listening to you fans nor are we going to allow popular opinion be heard or effect others opinions'

That's what stings the most; they know this isn't what their consumers want, but they're covering their ears yelling "lalalalala the customer is always wrong" and aggressively ignoring the pleas of their fanbase. It's a pattern with Nintendo this generation, but this is perhaps the worst example; gutting a beloved franchise and refusing to accept any criticism.

I really hope this is a massive flop.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

That's what stings the most; they know this isn't what their consumers want, but they're covering their ears yelling "lalalalala the customer is always wrong" and aggressively ignoring the pleas of their fanbase. It's a pattern with Nintendo this generation, but this is perhaps the worst example; gutting a beloved franchise and refusing to accept any criticism.

I see it as more of an image management thing. Nintendo wants their YouTube channel to promote and advertise them, and for people to come in and look at things and get excited for said things - having one of their videos with an insane dislike rate and lots of negative comments everywhere is detrimental to that from their point of view.

Not defending their choice, just to be clear.

You are right, there's definitely that, also the reason they didn't show it at E3, I suspect.

But what I meant was more along the lines of, they didn't make changes based on initial criticism, they just kept doing what they were doing instead of taking feedback into account.

curl-6 said:

I'm just hoping that this game and Starfox flopping don't somehow convince Nintendo that nobody wants these old franchises, or even worse, that it'd convince their investors and Kimishima that Nintendo's dedicated hardware/software business needs to be dissolved...

MohammadBadir said:
curl-6 said:

I'm just hoping that this game and Starfox flopping don't somehow convince Nintendo that nobody wants these old franchises, or even worse, that it'd convince their investors and Kimishima that Nintendo's dedicated hardware/software business needs to be dissolved...

I hope so too, but I don't think there's much immediate risk of the latter in the light of the success of other recent titles.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I hope so too, but I don't think there's much immediate risk of the latter in the light of the success of other recent titles.

Yeah, that makes sense. In regards to Metroid, I'm thinking about making my own fan project at this point because Nintendo's not gonna fulfill my needs any time soon (unless FF somehow ends up being a good Metroid game lol).

MohammadBadir said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, that makes sense. In regards to Metroid, I'm thinking about making my own fan project at this point because Nintendo's not gonna fulfill my needs any time soon (unless FF somehow ends up being a good Metroid game lol).

Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd think FF was a misguided fan-made indie knockoff. You'd have to try pretty hard to make yours worse. ;)

curl-6 said:
MohammadBadir said:

Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd think FF was a misguided fan-made indie knockoff. You'd have to try pretty hard to make yours worse. ;)

Lol I don't think I could mess up that much when it comes to a Super Metroid type of game, unless I make an incredibly boring map.

There's one fan project I'm looking forward to a lot (and it's a bit of an inspiration), it's called Super Metroid Fusion and it's essentially a port of Metroid Fusion to the SNES with additional features like multiple SA-Xs. I'm not that good with ROM hacking so I think I'll go with writing a Windows game lol.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

You are right, there's definitely that, also the reason they didn't show it at E3, I suspect.

But what I meant was more along the lines of, they didn't make changes based on initial criticism, they just kept doing what they were doing instead of taking feedback into account.

That's a good point but to be honest I don't think there was ever much that could be done to "save" this game.

True, its most fundamental flaws do run very deeply, perhaps too much so to be fixed without effectively scrapping the project and starting over, but they at least could have changed the Chibi characters and changed the name to "Blast Bots: Federation Force" or something.

Yeah, let's add amiibo, that'll get people to like this game! Sigh, atleast at the end of they day this is just a spin-off, not a mainline entry, so not too big a deal. Can't say the same for certain other franchises though.