By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metriod Prime Federation Force gets a new Trailer and Amiibo support details

Mar1217 said:
Looks fine. I still think people are mostly salty b'cause it isn't what they wanted.

Honestly, Metroid Prime Trilogy on 3ds would be more welcomed

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
curl-6 said:

Seriously though, this looks like the Colonial Marines of the Metroid series.

So what I hear you say is Creative Assembly should make a Metroid

They should. Alien Isolation was awesome, and felt more Metroid than either this or Other M.

Goodnightmoon said:

When amiibo support is slightly significant you all shit about it because is anti-consumer.
But when is only skins then you shit about it because is lazy... I dont get it

I mean, if you're going to be anti-consumer, go the full way down. No need to be tame about it!

I am still excited for this game. The multiplayer looks like a lot of fun.

spemanig said:
Still think the game looks fine, at least from a gameplay perspective.

Yeah. It was just a mistake to tie it to the Metroid IP.

Around the Network

I'm a big "Metroid" fan. This isn't a mainline entry, by a long shot.

Still, though. Looks like a fun co-op shooter, something the 3DS is mostly lacking.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

curl-6 said:
fleischr said:

So what I hear you say is Creative Assembly should make a Metroid

They should. Alien Isolation was awesome, and felt more Metroid than either this or Other M.

It really wasn't, other than the atmosphere and value productions, the gameplay was very boring. 

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

It really wasn't, other than the atmosphere and value productions, the gameplay was very boring. 

I'd respectfully disagree. It may not have been Metroid in terms of its gameplay, (though for what it was I still thought it was good) but that creepiness, immersion, and...ahem, isolation, that are hallmarks of Metroid were very much present for me. I feel that with Nintendo's guidance they could product an awesome first person Metroid. Of course, the chances of that ever happenbing are zilch, but hey, I can dream. :P

Trunkin said:

Yeah. It was just a mistake to tie it to the Metroid IP.

I don't agree there, either. The only mistake is the art direction, and maybe the platform.

Kill it with fire