By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How good of a game is Majora's Mask?

Love it. Not as many dungeons as Ocarina of Time but still love it. Definitely worth a playthrough.

Around the Network

It's a masterpiece. I highly recommend it if you're into action-adventure games. By Zelda standards it has only a handful of dungeons, but the side quests are brilliant and the 72-hour timeline a stroke of brilliance.

I only played ocarina for the first time this year on my 3ds and absolutely loved it. Played Majoras afterwards and it was good still but not as good.

While the tone of Majora's Mask makes for an interesting change the structure of the game does not feel good to me. While ocarina was a masterpiece with phenomenal pacing, Majora's Mask gives you a little freedom, and unfortunately in this case freedom wasn't a good thing.

The town is crammed full of events and side quests that rather then add to the game by being procedurally introduced in my opinion detract from the game by being thrown at you all at once. There's so many side activities and events open from the start that it in my opinion detracts from the game and completely destroys any notion of pacing.

You start ocarina you find a sword and shield, then you go to the great deku tree, then you go see the princess at the castle. But in Majora you get to the starting town and you can do whatever the fak you want.

The dungeons themselves are good, just as good as ocarina, the world itself is fascinating... but yeah the only problem with Majora's I have is structure and pacing. It's actually a game I feel could have done with being MORE linear, ocarina gave more guidance and as such could pace itself and gradually open up. Majora's pretty much throws you in at the deep end, and for me it's just nowhere near as enjoyable.

Ocarina was near flawless in my opinion.

Fantastic game. 9.5/10

Dark weird, quirky and challenging.

A bit too weird if it would have been a mainline game, but it's a spinoff, so all is well.

If you want zelda with a twist to end all twists, MM is for you.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Its excellent.Its my second favorite Zelda after all.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Yes, it's worth getting. One of the most wonderful and unique experiences I've ever had in games, filled with memorable characters and side quests. The dungeons are good, though there aren't many of them. The last one is particularly amazing.

The game is incredibly polarizing. either you love it, or you think its a mistake compared to the rest of the series. I personally love it.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

The best in the series (currently.)

By the looks of it, I'm hearing that it's a great game that's different than most Zelda games

Might as well get it. Even if I dislike it, I'll always have it to try again later on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.