By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Is Microsoft Running Out Of Exclusives?

Says I got a reply in this thread but I can't see any

Around the Network

Not really. From 2014-2016 they have had about 5-6 big exclusives if we don't count the ID@Xbox exclusives so its been stable.

People keep talking about that interview and 14 games and trying to list the games but they ignore that she said most of the games haven't even been announced yet. Also it's hard to take a discussion seriously when it starts off saying Horizon 3 is a yearly franchise and means nothing, and reduces an incredible game like State of Decay to "a $20-30 indie game" lol.

MS has plenty of games coming soon and apparently at least 8 that aren't even announced. I highly doubt they are making this games on Windows push and new Xbox hardware push but decided not to include games.

Xbox exclusives? Yes. Microsoft exclusives? No.

I know some fans want to make a federal case out of Microsoft spreading the wealth, so to speak, across PC and Xbox - but is it that big a deal? Let's be honest: most of the people saying "I was going to get an Xbox for [insert title] but now forget it" or "No need to get an Xbox now!" probably never intended to purchase one. In this culture dominated by lists and pissing contests, Xbox losing "exclusives" is more another chapter in the neverending console wars than it is a death knell for Xbox. By moving its games over to Windows, Microsoft may lose some hardware sales, but it could potentially increase its software sales by a large margin. And who knows, maybe some of those Windows gamers will like what they play, and choose to invest more thoroughly in the Xbox ecosystem.

Also, if we're continuing with the honesty angle: exclusives are important but not THAT important. The best-sellers on Xbox and PlayStation are Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, and Fifa.

Lastly, the line-up of Xbox "exclusives" that so many are mocking as insufficient is, in reality, more than sufficient for a lot of folks - myself included. To be perfectly frank, the first-party games arriving on Xbox in the next 18 months are more attractive than the first-party games landing on PS4. Sony secures a lot of great exclusive third-party content, but it's suffered lately in the first-party department.

If it was about 1st party games, I would maybe agree, but exclusives in general? I don't really think so. They've shown a couple. And the console is still getting games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

The big exclusives, sre Forza, Halo and Gears. Tgey don't like other games. Other than that they like COD. These will all be on PC too. Now the box is the exclusive.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Xbox exclusives? Yes. Microsoft exclusives? No.

I know some fans want to make a federal case out of Microsoft spreading the wealth, so to speak, across PC and Xbox - but is it that big a deal? Let's be honest: most of the people saying "I was going to get an Xbox for [insert title] but now forget it" or "No need to get an Xbox now!" probably never intended to purchase one. In this culture dominated by lists and pissing contests, Xbox losing "exclusives" is more another chapter in the neverending console wars than it is a death knell for Xbox. By moving its games over to Windows, Microsoft may lose some hardware sales, but it could potentially increase its software sales by a large margin. And who knows, maybe some of those Windows gamers will like what they play, and choose to invest more thoroughly in the Xbox ecosystem.

Also, if we're continuing with the honesty angle: exclusives are important but not THAT important. The best-sellers on Xbox and PlayStation are Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, and Fifa.

Lastly, the line-up of Xbox "exclusives" that so many are mocking as insufficient is, in reality, more than sufficient for a lot of folks - myself included. To be perfectly frank, the first-party games arriving on Xbox in the next 18 months are more attractive than the first-party games landing on PS4. Sony secures a lot of great exclusive third-party content, but it's suffered lately in the first-party department.

Pretty much this, some just don't like Xbox and any thread talking about anything negative or...."negative" about Xbox will show it.

Proud to be a Californian.

Is MS running out of exclusives? No but Ms produces the lowest amount of exclusives out of the big 3 because they don't have the studios for it. They also focus too much on certain genres. Building more studios and diversifying their game library would help their sales and brand worldwide.

If you compare to others , yes a lot, if you ignore others, it can be enough for a casual gamer

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Regarding this "14 New games" thing, They stated that Dead Rising 4 was one of them so they might count second and Third Party deals in those list.