By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To the Wii u owners who thought zelda was enough for E3...

I'm not worried about what to do - I still play lots of Rayman, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, XCX, Smash, Splatoon and Mario Kart. I picked up Star Fox and Twilight Princess earlier and I've barely touched them yet. I got a number of really great games from the latest Nindie Humble Bundle. I still maybe want to get Pokken, SMT, and Paper Mario (if it's ok)

This really makes people cringe, but the WiiU meets just about all my gaming needs ( I have a 3ds though too ). There's 2 very good reasons for this:
- I really only get 5-15 hours of gaming a week anyway ( I have a life outside gaming, though I do find these forums fun! )
- A lot of the titles I listed above I'm approaching nearly 100 hours for each one. A big gripe of mine about many by-the-numbers PS, Xbox, and 3rd party games are that they either are too short or that they really ask you to put much of that 100 hours of gameplay really quickly. I can take 2-3 month breaks from splatoon, kart, and smash - you can really do that so much with games like Fallout, Uncharted, or Witcher 3.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

This thread is hilarious. I chuckled a bit.
For the past year I have been playing mostly Civilization IV. Played it so much that I would buy games and never beat them due to my addiction on civ. Luckily I have broken it recently. So I might actually catch up. Been buying and playing Wii games. Oh wait I am only allowed to play games that were shown at E3! Oh darn! Now my life is meaningless.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Playing PS4, and for Wii U ill be playing Xenoblade X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions,

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
I think that is actualy very small number that have only Wii U like gaming platform, some of them have 3DS also, some have PC, some have PS4/XB1..

While true, I don't think some (like myself) enjoy the fact that not much was shown for the wii u for 2016 at E3. I kinda expected some more things as a wii u owner, but as a gamer I'll be fine

Its very obvious that Wii U is dead, you will have FE, Paper Mario and Zelda, and most likely that's all left from Nintendo regardless Wii U.

John2290 said:
What I find funny is people are calling it inovitive.

Can't think of many other games out there that have as much thought and nuance put into its world and the way you interact with it.

Ambient temperature flucuates with time of day, region, and altitude; clothes, proximity to fire, and consumables all factor into Link's temperature regulation; rain put out fires; flames create updraft and are influenced by the wind; metallic weapons generate sparks that can start fires but non-metallic weapons don't, etc.

Around the Network

I got a problem with the title saying "Zelda was enough". Zelda wasn't the only thing at E3 this year. Far from it. They did kinda the opposite and showed quite a bit. I feel like they could have had a digital event, but decided against it for some reason. They had pokemon, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, MH Generations, Dragon Quest, Ever Oasis, and some other smaller games I can't remember the names.

Even if we just go with Wii U, there is still 2 main title games from Ninten, and some smaller titles coming from Indies. So it's not like there's nothing coming.

Anyways, what I plan on doing is buy TMS and Paper Mario, along with Shantae. I'm still playing Fates and Lost Reavers. If I finish those, I can finally get to the other games I have on Wii U. And if I still have time, I can finally get back into Smash and Splatoon. There's way too much on my plate, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

midrange said:

What do you plan on doing for the rest of 2016?

Since no third party games were announced and zelda is coming in 2017, what is there left for 2016? At least ps4 players, xbox one players, and pc players have many third party games that will be padding out the year (along with some first party games like the last gaurdian). How can one game that won't come out this year be considered a successful E3 for Nintendo when nothing else was shown for the wii u for this year?

I believe that most WiiU owners, like me, already knew since E3 2015 that there wouldn´t be much to be played this year, specially after the first semester.

I´m looking foward to Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Mighty Number Nine and Paper Mario, those are certain buys for me. Not interested in the new Mario & Sonic, though.

I still have a big backlog of games to complete - Fatal Frame, Lego Batman 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Child of Light, among others - and some to look after, like Rodea: the Sky Soldier, Devil´s Third and Legend of Kay Anniversary, so I´m not really worried too much. And the 3ds has taken a lot of my game time lately, with its rpgs and there´s a lot more to come.

Still... I find it really dissapoiting the lack of support of Nintendo for the platform in such a short time. We know that the new Zelda is taking too much work to be done, but Nintendo should continue to look for partnerships to keep a good flow of launches for the platform at least until the end of this year, ending the commercial run of the WiiU pleasing its owners. I feel that this situation is really hurting the confidence that supporters and videogame consumers in general may still have in the company, and it could be felt hard when the NX launches. 

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I still need to get Pokken and Twilight Princess HD and I plan to get old games I still don't have like City Undercover, Kirby Rainbow Curse or Monster Hunter 3. 

I'd recommend skipping Rainbow Curse personally, unless you really liked Canvas Curse on DS, but LEGO City and MH3 are definitely worth getting. If you don't have them, other less popular Wii U titles I'd recommend picking up are The Swapper, Sonic Racing Transformed, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Rayman Legends, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and ZombiU.

Pokken, in my opinion, is one of the best games of the WiiU. 

It seems that some people are not paying too much attention to it, because it´s "just a Pokemon spin-off", but trust me, Namco put a lot of effort in that game. The voice acting may be cheesy and the soundtrack is just average, but the gameplay is awesome, with lots of possibilities. 

I'll sell my WiiU probably after beating TMS#FE, and I'll buy the NX-Zelda pack. I'm pissed with Nintendo this year, but sadly I can't live without Ninty games. I'll be gaming in PC until the NX releases.

midrange said:
wombat123 said:

3DS and backlogs

I did not bring the 3ds into this because I know they have more support coming (especially with third party).

Backlogs are great and all, but they were not the focus of this E3, which is why I'm asking how wii u owners can view this as a successful E3?

I think we can all agree that PS vita owners thought sony's ps vita content for E3 was a dud. Shouldn't wii u owners do the same?

You're comparing a system that literally wasn't acknowledged to one with the general consensus best in show. Whether I personally agree with the best in show part or not, there's a key difference there. The Wii U has like one game coming out this fall, making it not much better than the Vita, but there's actually something in the horizon even if it is 9 months off. 

And this is all ignoring the fact that most Wii U owners use it as their secondary system. I'll be playing The Last Guardian and other games while waiting for Zelda, for example.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!