By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe's Top 10 Games of E3 2016

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
VXIII said:

One man's opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that his top game for the show was Final Fantasy XV. He isn't the kind of person who care about Jrpgs. XV also won IGN's best RPG award and some others. The demo was well recevied it seems. Good stuff.

This, seriously I'm impressed with Joe as he kind of always had it out for FF with FFXIII lol.

The wait mode btw clinches this game as expected to be very good.  Honestly, the poor MS demo showing might not have been all that poor now that I think about it.  We woud have to get a better look at the game while playing but so far so many things are being done right even if some are lesser.

The fact is this game is trying to hit grand slams in a lot of areas where AAA games dare not tread..because theyr'e too chicken :)

What was shown at MS conference is part of the demo which was badly played. The full demo is not bad at all, the scale alone impresses me. Here is the whole thing played by Playstation Access. That girl Hollie did a much better job than SE person xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCmM3KTPjk

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Star trek should be fun unless you login with friends to see their the main characters and you're security guard number 3.  We all know what happens to security guard number 3!

Lol, Star Trek: Red Shirt.

The game ends in the middle of the first level when your character dies to prove the situation is serious.

The first battle would be between myself and friends as kirk, spock and bones try to drag me on the transporter while im trying to rip off my red shirt screaming if I die in VR I die in real life, lol.   

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Star trek should be fun unless you login with friends to see their the main characters and you're security guard number 3.  We all know what happens to security guard number 3!

Lol, Star Trek: Red Shirt.

The game ends in the middle of the first level when your character dies to prove the situation is serious.

My fav red shirt memes:

Peh said:
Knowing Joe's silly rage video against Nintendo for not being able to monetize on Nintendo products, I am not surprised by the lack of Nintendo games by him.

You do realize that Nintendo's treatment of copyright protection on YouTube is directly in conflict with black letter definitions of copyright?  Joe isn't the only one to absolutely despise that aspect of their business.  Jim Sterling does as well, the only reason he covers Nintendo is because the Jimquisition doesn't rely on YouTube monetization.  TotalBiscuit is also decidedly against their practices on YouTube.  That's why he doesn't talk about them on the Co-optional Podcast very much, cause they got claimed once for 30 seconds of trailer footage in a 3 hour podcast.  

And Joe got like five claims when trying to make and publish this video and he still left those games in, he's not going to remove them from the list for that.  The lack of Zelda is probably just cause he never got it play it, the line was 6 to 8 hours long.

VXIII said:

One man's opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that his top game for the show was Final Fantasy XV. He isn't the kind of person who care about Jrpgs. XV also won IGN's best RPG award and some others. The demo was well recevied it seems. Good stuff.

VXIII,  unfortunately FFXV didn't.  It got scrubbed by South Park...Persona 5 I can understand, but FFXV wasn't even the runner up out of a very small list of RPGs.  It was nominated a lot of times for things.  It's almost like they're doing it on purpose

Gamespot didn't even give FFXV an honorable mention in its list of best games of E3.  Knew it, these damn critics already have it out for FFXV.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Yeah, as other's said Joe's tastes are unique. Everybody has different opinions.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
VXIII said:

VXIII,  unfortunately FFXV didn't.  It got scrubbed by South Park...Persona 5 I can understand, but FFXV wasn't even the runner up out of a very small list of RPGs.  It was nominated a lot of times for things.  It's almost like they're doing it on purpose

Gamespot didn't even give FFXV an honorable mention in its list of best games of E3.  Knew it, these damn critics already have it out for FFXV.

It got a good share of recognition. Very good for a JRPG. Being nominated many times is also a good thing.

let face it. FF has a lot to prove. SE did many mistakes in the recent years. We can't blame people for being skeptical at this point.

That's fine. It's his opinion. I can deal with that.

My List:

1.) Zelda: Breath of the Wild

2.) Nioh

3.) Final Fantasy XV

4.) Dragon Quest VII

5.) Horizon Zero Dawn

6.) Resident Evil 7

7.) Death Stranding

8.) God of War IV

9.) Detroit: Become Human

10.) Jeez, I don't know...Paper Mario?

List is really difficult... First, there's two that I'm head and shoulders more excited for than the others:

- Zelda BotW

- Mount & Blade II

Then here's ten listed in no particular order

- South Park

- Horizon

- Pirates (forget name)

- FF XV

- Battlefield 1

- Civ VI

- Ever Oasis

- Pokemon Sun/Moon

- Star Trek VR

- Resident Evil 7

There's a few more I'm interested in...otherwise, I must admit I've always been just slightly interested in God of War as it really feels like a button masher interrupted by quicktime events. Death Stranding is probably something I'll be interested in eventually, but given we only have a cinematic of a naked Norman Reedus I don't think it warrants a spot on the list yet lol

Even so, there were more games I wanted to list than the 12 above, but I had to stop at some point. Plenty of quality titles ahead!

Well I must say the PC conference was good aswell and except easy allies their was hardly any mention about it. People should have watched the conference.