By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe's Top 10 Games of E3 2016

BasilZero said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's your list right?

Anybody got Joe's list?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

You are the man!

@list: While some of these might seem strange to us, maybe Joe picked them based on floor demos at E3 - whereas most of us just watched story trailers or stage demos.

I do appreciate the mention of For Honor. I see potential there.

My bad - that was my list XD

Joe's list from what I've seen is...

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Civilization 6
3. Star Trek VR
4. South Park Fractured but Whole
5. Dawn of War (?)
6. Battlefield 1
7. Titanfall 2
8. Resident Evil 7
9. For Honor
10. Ni-Oh

You're killing me, Baz.

Glad Titanfall and Nioh made it! Star Trek VR is a surprise, but I do hope it's good.

Around the Network

I don't share Joe's taste in a lot of ways but that's fine.

Interesting that they both loved For Honor after playing it.

VXIII said:

One man's opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that his top game for the show was Final Fantasy XV. He isn't the kind of person who care about Jrpgs. XV also won IGN's best RPG award and some others. The demo was well recevied it seems. Good stuff.

This, seriously I'm impressed with Joe as he kind of always had it out for FF with FFXIII lol.

The wait mode btw clinches this game as expected to be very good.  Honestly, the poor MS demo showing might not have been all that poor now that I think about it.  We woud have to get a better look at the game while playing but so far so many things are being done right even if some are lesser.

The fact is this game is trying to hit grand slams in a lot of areas where AAA games dare not tread..because theyr'e too chicken :)

Lube Me Up

I'm looking forward to just about everything they mentioned. The three biggest omissions from their list that I'm excited about are Zelda, Horizon, and Mount & Blade II.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
BasilZero said:

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Civilization 6
3. Star Trek VR
5. Dawn of War (?)
6. Battlefield 1
7. Titanfall 2
8. Resident Evil 7
9. For Honor
10. Ni-Oh

You're killing me, Baz.

Glad Titanfall and Nioh made it! Star Trek VR is a surprise, but I do hope it's good.

Between the two of them Star Trek VR did the best... the other guy actually picked it at #1. Apparently they got to play it and said it was a ton of fun, and Joe thinks we'll eventually get to see the bridge of other shows like TNG and such, though that's entirely based on his "intuition" from an interview haha (as in don't assume this to be true)

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
VXIII said:

One man's opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that his top game for the show was Final Fantasy XV. He isn't the kind of person who care about Jrpgs. XV also won IGN's best RPG award and some others. The demo was well recevied it seems. Good stuff.

This, seriously I'm impressed with Joe as he kind of always had it out for FF with FFXIII lol.

The wait mode btw clinches this game as expected to be very good.  Honestly, the poor MS demo showing might not have been all that poor now that I think about it.  We woud have to get a better look at the game while playing but so far so many things are being done right even if some are lesser.

The fact is this game is trying to hit grand slams in a lot of areas where AAA games dare not tread..because theyr'e too chicken :)

It's not just him... I loved most of Final fantasy and FFXIII was the point at which I swore off the franchise. That's actually a fairly common experience lots of fans had, so hopefully FF XV will appeal to both parties.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I'm looking forward to just about everything they mentioned. The three biggest omissions from their list that I'm excited about are Zelda, Horizon, and Mount & Blade II.

Horizon was an odd omission.  Was M&B II at E3?  

I understand him missing Zelda though.  The Treehouse stuff was hours long and Joe runs around nonstop at E3.  And the line for Zelda was hours and hours long.  It was 8 hours day 2.  So I can understand that he didn't cover it.  Still, that those three things can miss the list and the list still has lots of great games is a testament to the strength of the show this year.

Nuvendil said:
Johnw1104 said:

Horizon was an odd omission.  Was M&B II at E3?  

I understand him missing Zelda though.  The Treehouse stuff was hours long and Joe runs around nonstop at E3.  And the line for Zelda was hours and hours long.  It was 8 hours day 2.  So I can understand that he didn't cover it.  Still, that those three things can miss the list and the list still has lots of great games is a testament to the strength of the show this year.

Yeah M&B II was there but I can't find a dang thing on it outside of a new trailer they released. I'm guessing it's still a little too niche to get much attention with that many huge games being revealed and shown off.

Seriously, i think half of Los Angeles was in line for Zelda at one point. M&B II is getting a bit overlooked, but they've not even been posting updates on their site so that's not too surprising.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
BasilZero said:

1. Final Fantasy XV
2. Civilization 6
3. Star Trek VR
5. Dawn of War (?)
6. Battlefield 1
7. Titanfall 2
8. Resident Evil 7
9. For Honor
10. Ni-Oh

You're killing me, Baz.

Star trek should be fun unless you login with friends to see their the main characters and you're security guard number 3.  We all know what happens to security guard number 3!

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You're killing me, Baz.

Star trek should be fun unless you login with friends to see their the main characters and you're security guard number 3.  We all know what happens to security guard number 3!

Lol, Star Trek: Red Shirt.

The game ends in the middle of the first level when your character dies to prove the situation is serious.

Knowing Joe's silly rage video against Nintendo for not being able to monetize on Nintendo products, I am not surprised by the lack of Nintendo games by him.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3