By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Dual Shock 4 controller confirmed

i hope it has a little touch screen

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

this could just as easily be a very minor redesign to improve analogue rubber abrasion or battery life or sth

That's kind of easy to tell.  It says 5v 800mh battery.  What does the DS4 controller have right now?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Lafiel said:

this could just as easily be a very minor redesign to improve analogue rubber abrasion or battery life or sth

That's kind of easy to tell.  It says 5v 800mh battery.  What does the DS4 controller have right now?

3.65v 1000mA internal.... but states 800mA on the back of the controller... strange. I've swapped my DS batteries out with 2000mA items, I get about 9 hours playtime. You can disable the light bar also to get a bit more out of it but I kept mine intact but set it to low.

I still have my 2 launch DS4'S, thumbstick rubber in tact and all.

Zappykins said:
Lafiel said:

that 5V 800mA at the top of the document is the voltage/amperage of the USB connection

battery is only listed with a 3.65V voltage, no amperage and no battery size (mAh) is given

Around the Network

Maybe this version will give +15hrs of nonestop gaming with a fully charged battery.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
bunchanumbers said:
Lafiel said:

Both of which desperately needs to happen.

They also could be ditching the giant light bars that eat battery life.

That would make the new DS incompatible with VR. However I can see an option to turn the light completely off in a firmware update somewhere down the road.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Lafiel said:
Zappykins said:

that 5V 800mA at the top of the document is the voltage/amperage of the USB connection

battery is only listed with a 3.65V voltage, no amperage and no battery size (mAh) is given

Ah, ok,

as Guitarguy said: "
3.65v 1000mA internal.... but states 800mA on the back of the controller... strange. I've swapped my DS batteries out with 2000mA items, I get about 9 hours playtime."

So hopefully it would be something like that.  But we will have to wait and see.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Lafiel said:

Ah, ok,

as Guitarguy said: "
3.65v 1000mA internal.... but states 800mA on the back of the controller... strange. I've swapped my DS batteries out with 2000mA items, I get about 9 hours playtime."

So hopefully it would be something like that.  But we will have to wait and see.

Would be extremely easy for Sony to do.

Guitarguy said:

Would be extremely easy for Sony to do.

Yeah, it would be easy for Sony  to put a higher capacity battery in the DS4. The 1 year older WiiU Pro controller has a 1300 mAh battery instead of the 800 mAh battery of the DS4 (and is even a bit lighter), my Xperia Z5 compact even has a 2700 mAh battery.

But obviously to the FCC document above, Sony ain't going that road. :((