By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer Spoke To Valve About Xbox Scorpio.

Seems like more he talked to valve to get feedback on how to improve Win 10 gaming, and not so much bringing Steam to Xbox. Could be wrong though.

Around the Network

Steam on Scorpio? It immediately turns the console space into Xbox's favor. Think about it. Supposed exclusives like Street Fighter 5, Shenmue, and No Mans Sky end up on Scorpio thanks to teaming up with Valve.

It means that Xbox Wins.

There's no reason that Steam can't be on Xbox other than the will of Valve and MS.

Tim and The Princes...

Microsoft doesn't want Steam on Xbox! How can you people think that!

Steam get 30% revenue for every game sold on their platform, just as Microsoft no doubt gets 30% revenue for every XBO game sold.

Steam being on Scorpio completely destroys Microsofts profits.

This was a discussion about the Hardware, nothing more nothing less. Microsoft will release it's games on Steam on PC, but Steam will NOT beon Scorpio.

Barkley said:

Microsoft doesn't want Steam on Xbox! How can you people think that!

Steam get 30% revenue for every game sold on their platform, just as Microsoft no doubt gets 30% revenue for every XBO game sold.

Steam being on Scorpio completely destroys Microsofts profits.

This was a discussion about the Hardware, nothing more nothing less. Microsoft will release it's games on Steam on PC, but Steam will NOT beon Scorpio.

More than likely MS would get a cut and valve would split it with MS. Think about it. Lets say its a  50/50 split. MS gets sales that they otherwise wouldn't get from Steam, and Valve gets into a console market they never had access to before. Both win.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Steam on Scorpio? It immediately turns the console space into Xbox's favor. Think about it. Supposed exclusives like Street Fighter 5, Shenmue, and No Mans Sky end up on Scorpio thanks to teaming up with Valve.

It means that Xbox Wins.

Im sure Sony would put a clause on events like that for future exclusives if this situation was to occur.

Guitarguy said:
bunchanumbers said:

It means that Xbox Wins.

Im sure Sony would put a clause on events like that for future exclusives if this situation was to occur.

Wouldn't matter for those games though. Plus that I think that kind of deal would have to be made with Valve. I'm sure that Steam games on Xbox will be a curated list at the beginning. So that would really be in the hands of Valve and not Sony.

bunchanumbers said:

More than likely MS would get a cut and valve would split it with MS. Think about it. Lets say its a  50/50 split. MS gets sales that they otherwise wouldn't get from Steam, and Valve gets into a console market they never had access to before. Both win.

But what would stop you from going on Steam on PC/Mobile/Anything with an internet connection and buying your games through steams website, Microsoft wouldn't get a cut from that.

That's almost a bit insulting.

"Hey, I know your console plans were basically a face plant. Would you like to see the powerful console we are bring out next year?"

(Sub text, quite SteamOS and SteamWorks, you will not beat us at the game.)

Microsoft likes to work with everybody. Apple, Steam, etc. I would be surprised if Steam came to Xbox, but I don't think it would be that big of a leap, considering most all Steam games run in Windows.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

bunchanumbers said:
Guitarguy said:

Wouldn't matter for those games though. Plus that I think that kind of deal would have to be made with Valve. I'm sure that Steam games on Xbox will be a curated list at the beginning. So that would really be in the hands of Valve and not Sony.

Probably would not apply to existing PS4/Steam exclusive games(SFV for example) you are right.