By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft has 14 1st Party Games In Development

Vasto, you should at least post some of your own thoughts about the article you posted instead of just having only the article itself.

To be fair, that's a nice list of exclusives that appeal to xbox gamers. Good to know that they're still supporting their platforms with a decent amount of exclusives but ms should really build up more 1st party studios to further increase their output.

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
there first party has been the best out of all 3 big consoles, obviously ps4 exclusives are racking up and destroying all competitors consoles but thats not first party but second- and third party like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet and clank and upcomming games like Persona, sony first party is the one that really needs to step it up.

I am excited to see what Microsoft has in (windows10) store for my pc

Which first party games of Microsoft?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Totally agree. Right now, I think both Sony and Microsoft have a first-party problem. Microsoft mitigates that problem by creating partnerships that produce games like Scalebound and ReCore, and Sony mitigates the problem by inviting in third-party Japanese exclusives.

Sony doesn't have a first party problem.

I believe it does.

Many of Sony's studios are inconsistent. Sucker Punch struck gold with Infamous then lost its way, focusing now on storytelling and graphics. Bend hasn't worked on something really good in a long time. MediaMolecule has some ambitious, creative ideas, but suffers when it comes to gameplay. Guerrilla hasn't made anything good in ten years. Team Ico has the most talent, but has been MIA for a decade. Liverpool is shuttered. Even the best and most consistent studios have turned in duds - Naughty Dog with Uncharted 3 and JAPAN Studio with Puppeteer.

Really, Sony has never had consistently great first-party content, with one exception: PS2. Games like God of War, God of War II, The Precursor Legacy, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Killzone, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus combined with third party exclusives to make arguably the best library ever.

Sony

• The Last Guardian
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Dreams
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Drawn To Death
  • Death Stranding
  • God of War
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Spider-Man
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Days Gone
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • MLB 17: The Show
  • MatterFall
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • RIGS
  • The Tomorrow Children
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • WiLD
  • Bound
  • Here They Lie
  • Sucker Punch Productions New Game

I am probably forgetting a few.

LordLichtenstein said:

Sony

• The Last Guardian
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Dreams
  • Death Stranding
  • God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Days Gone
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • MatterFall
  • RIGS
  • The Tomorrow Children
  • WiLD
  • Bound
  • Here They Lie

and what does this have to do with the thread? Absolutely Zero. Just pure trolling/starting list wars.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Sony

• The Last Guardian
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Dreams
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Drawn To Death
  • Death Stranding
  • God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Days Gone
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • MatterFall
  • RIGS
  • The Tomorrow Children
  • WiLD
  • Bound
  • Here They Lie
  • Sucker Punch Productions New Game

and what does this have to do with the thread? Absolutely Zero. Just pure trolling/starting list wars.

Offended I see.

OT: Comparing games, has always been part of this industry.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
WoodenPints said:

I've always seen it like this when it comes to the balance, Even when I only owned a PS4 I was strangely always looking forward to Microsoft's E3 show more than Sony's and that was when I never even owned a Xbox One and it was the same again this year now I own both consoles but at the end of the day the 3rd party Japanese support will totally eclipse anything Microsoft throws out on the "grand scheme of things" no matter how good it is and it has always been the reason PS has been strong, Never understood why MS cut off Japanese support. (yes I believe it was a internal decision rather than Japan moving away from Xbox which ultimately led to the latter)

Totally agree. Right now, I think both Sony and Microsoft have a first-party problem. Microsoft mitigates that problem by creating partnerships that produce games like Scalebound and ReCore, and Sony mitigates the problem by inviting in third-party Japanese exclusives.

Everyone has a first party problem and they always will.  None of the console manufacturers come close to providing enough games on their own.  Imagine the Wii U if Nintendo hadn't employed third-party studios.  No Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, or Pokken.  Everyone is always looking for good investments.

My one problem with Microsoft is that they will at some point need another big IP.  Perhaps Quantum Break is supposed to fill that void but I don't think it will.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ali_16x said:

I believe it does.

Many of Sony's studios are inconsistent. Sucker Punch struck gold with Infamous then lost its way, focusing now on storytelling and graphics. Bend hasn't worked on something really good in a long time. MediaMolecule has some ambitious, creative ideas, but suffers when it comes to gameplay. Guerrilla hasn't made anything good in ten years. Team Ico has the most talent, but has been MIA for a decade. Liverpool is shuttered. Even the best and most consistent studios have turned in duds - Naughty Dog with Uncharted 3 and JAPAN Studio with Puppeteer.

Really, Sony has never had consistently great first-party content, with one exception: PS2. Games like God of War, God of War II, The Precursor Legacy, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Killzone, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus combined with third party exclusives to make arguably the best library ever.

Most of this is just your opinion.

Second Son was great, the only problem was the side quests were repetitive. And that was probably because it was a launch game.

Bend hasn't worked on something good? They've always been a very small studio with less than 50 people (now 100+ for Days Gone) and most people liked Uncharted Vita. 

Team Ico has been MIA? No, they haven't, Ueda said that The Last Guardian wasn't in active development and that they would go on to different projects. 

Again, your opinion, you don't think MediaMolecule has good gameplay? I thought Tearaway had great gameplay, and so did most. Lol, there aren't much to MediaMolecule's games other gameplay and creativeness and people enjoy their game so.....

Guerilla hasn't made a good game in 10 years? WTF? Are you serious? Tons of people enjoyed Killzone 2 and to a lesser extent Killzone 3 (super short campaign).

Uncharted 3 is a dud? Are you being serious? Do you even know what a dud is? Is your whole post a complete joke? Are you like trolling me? Lol I think you are, because this seems like a joke to me. 

Most people think Puppeteer is a great game that actually deserved to be remastered.

Lol, my god, you are acting like all Sony has released are 60 meta games or something.

And the fact that you didn't include Nintendo in your post means that you think they have a great first party line up right? 

Going by your criteria, Nintendo must also have a bad first party lineup with inconsistent games like Captain Treasure Tracker, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Star Fox Zero, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party etc. And since you didn't include 3rd party made games for Sony/Microsoft that excludes Super Smash Brothers, Bayonetta. What would that leave for NIntendo? Zelda, Mario platformers, and Mario Kart? And yes, I know, what I said was ridiculous, just like your post.

It just seems like you don't enjoy what Sony has to offer, when most do.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I believe it does.

Most of this is just your opinion.

Second Son was great, the only problem was the side quests were repetitive. And that was probably because it was a launch game.

Bend hasn't worked on something good? They've always been a very small studio with less than 50 people (now 100+ for Days Gone) and most people liked Uncharted Vita. 

Team Ico has been MIA? No, they haven't, Ueda said that The Last Guardian wasn't in active development and that they would go on to different projects. 

Again, your opinion, you don't think MediaMolecule has good gameplay? I thought Tearaway had great gameplay, and so did most. Lol, there aren't much to MediaMolecule's games other gameplay and creativeness and people enjoy their game so.....

Guerilla hasn't made a good game in 10 years? WTF? Are you serious? Tons of people enjoyed Killzone 2 and to a lesser extent Killzone 3 (super short campaign).

Uncharted 3 is a dud? Are you being serious? Do you even know what a dud is? Is your whole post a complete joke? Are you like trolling me? Lol I think you are, because this seems like a joke to me. 

Most people think Puppeteer is a great game that actually deserved to be remastered.

Lol, my god, you are acting like all Sony has released are 60 meta games or something.

And the fact that you didn't include Nintendo in your post means that you think they have a great first party line up right? 

Going by your criteria, Nintendo must also have a bad first party lineup with inconsistent games like Captain Treasure Tracker, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Star Fox Zero, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party etc. And since you didn't include 3rd party made games for Sony/Microsoft that excludes Super Smash Brothers, Bayonetta. What would that leave for NIntendo? Zelda, Mario platformers, and Mario Kart? And yes, I know, what I said was ridiculous, just like your post.

It just seems like you don't enjoy what Sony has to offer, when most do.

Well, yeah, of course it's my opinion. I don't judge greatness by sales or scores or popularity.

I'm more than happy to debate the merits of Sony's first party efforts, but if you're just going to talk about how "most people" or "tons of people" like something, or - worse - quote Metacritic, then I'm afraid we can't have a very productive conversation.

Why don't you tell me why YOU like those games, and we can go from there.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ali_16x said:

I believe it does.

If you call that "having a first party problem", then all of the big three have a first probelm, and have had it since forever.

Suckerpunch focus now on storytelling and graphics? I beg to differ. Second Son was a massive improvement over the original two in terms of gameplay, but a step back in terms of storytelling. First Light had better gameplay and better storytelling. I'll give you Media Molecule, but we have yet to see how Dreams turn out. Guerilla has made several good games in the last 10 years. Sure, their games might not fit to your tastes, but if I were to call anything that doesn't fit my tastes "not good", then I could give you a long list of highly acclaimed games by fans and critics alike that "aren't good". Meanwhile, saying that Naughty Dog turned in a dud with UC3 is about as silly as saying the Zelda team turned in a dud with Skyward Sword. Japan Studios is a massive development team (it is divided in multiple teams, sort of like Nintendo EPD). At such a massive size, ofcourse you're going to make some games that aren't as well received as others.