Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft has 14 1st Party Games In Development

I bet all of them are shootbang

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
DonFerrari said:

Because besides the spin to include 2nd party as 1st party games, a number of games hold no value if they aren't enticing their market.

Just let them be. We got our own stuff to look forward to

Microsoft has 14 1st Party Games In Development... no big deal there.

LordLichtenstein said:

Halo Wars 2
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Gears of War 4
Forza Horizon 3
State of Decay 2
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 4
Forza Motorsport 7
Halo 6
Phantom Dust HD
Ori And the Will of the Wisps

So, obviously I'm more of a Playstation guy (though I'm a big fan of Halo and Gears) so take my opinion for what you will....but that's....it?

There is a good amount of variety, and the games look good, but all but...1 of those games will probably be out by the end of 2017. Then what? Games take a long time to make...what are their exclusives for 2018 going to be?

Is there something I'm missing here?

Edit: I should point out that I think Sony is going to have trouble maintaining their output, but they have a much deeper well to draw from it seems.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I think MS did quite a good job bro bring new IPs to the market.

- Ryse
- Sunset Overdrive
- Quantum Break
- Cuphead
- ReCore
- Sea of Thieves
- Scalebound
- Below
- Inside
- We happy few
- Titanfall
- Project Spark

Still fans of other consoles make it sound like "all they have is Halo, gears and Forza" which is pure trolling but accepted by VGC.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Didn't they said they will invest $1 Billion in games in Xbox One reveal? Given their track record it's hard to believe. Plus Microsoft first party studios is the weakest among big three.

DirtyP2002 said:
I think MS did quite a good job bro bring new IPs to the market.

- Ryse
- Sunset Overdrive
- Quantum Break
- Cuphead
- ReCore
- Sea of Thieves
- Scalebound
- Below
- Inside
- We happy few
- Titanfall
- Project Spark

Still fans of other consoles make it sound like "all they have is Halo, gears and Forza" which is pure trolling but accepted by VGC.

I don't think Sony fans are denying MS from creating or supporting new IPs, it's just that in comparison they are weak. Don't want to start a list war, but since you have included Indie, just look at the new IPs on PS4:

The Order 

Bloodborne 

Until Dawn 

Drive Club 

Nier Automata 

Ni-Oh 

Dreams 

Resogun 

Alienation 

Days Gone 

No Man's Sky

TLG 

This doesn't include any of the harcore jrpgs, new IPs within established franchises, many other indies or VR games. 

Vasto said:

Xbox’s Head of First Party Publishing, Shannon Loftis, during an interview with Geoff Keighley, discussed the upcoming plans for the division, mainly focussing on their efforts to bring more titles to Xbox One and Windows 10. For the last few years, Microsoft has excelled with their first party efforts, bringing us titles such as Halo 5, and more than one Forza racing title. But for many, Microsoft needed more games from their own studios and Shannon shed some light on their future plans. 

‘I head first party game publishing for Xbox One or Windows 10 or any of our platforms, we right now have, I think, 14 games in development. We talked about four of those this morning – Killer Instinct, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, and ReCore. We also have Crackdown 3, which we announced has now been moved into 2017, and there are a few other ones that aren’t quite ready to be talked about yet.’

http://www.icxm.net/x/microsoft-currently-14-games-in-development-being-made-not-out-yet.html

When I read the title I thought wow and then I read the article and realised.... 

1) KI 

2) Scalebound 

3) Crackdown 3

4) State of Decay 2

5) ReCore 

6) Forza Horizon 3

7) next mainline Forza 

8) Halo 6

9) Halo Wars 2

10) Gears 4

11) Sea of Thieves 

12) Phantom Dust 

That only leaves 2 that I can't think off, but wouldn't be surprised if some of them are:

1) dead rising 4

2) Ori 

I'd think that both MIcrosoft and Sony have had at least 14 1st party games in development for the entire duration of this generation... not really news. They have studios, they develop games, they don't stop for 6 months to take a break.

daredevil.shark said:
Didn't they said they will invest $1 Billion in games in Xbox One reveal? Given their track record it's hard to believe. Plus Microsoft first party studios is the weakest among big three.

A billion sounds like a lot, but then you realise AAA games can cost anything from $50-250 million. 

I don't think games like:

Ryse, Halo5, Quantum Break, TF, RotTR, Gears, Forza's and Scalebound come cheap. 

Buying or the Gears franchise alone must have cost a pretty penny let alone making the game, and if you just count costs for making the game or buying a product (timed or full exclusive), not marketing, you are still looking at over a billion in costs if Ryse, Halo 5, Gears and one Forza cost a $100mil each.