By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: "New kind of Mario is coming"

I'm curious to see if they can top the Galaxy games, considering how highly regarded those games are.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

NX big Holiday title, no brainer

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

2017 Q1 Zelda
2017 Q2 Spla2oon
2017 Q3 Pokémon
2017 Q4 Mario 3D

2018 Q1 DKC
2018 Q2 Animal Crossing
2018 Q3 Metroid
2018 Q4 Mario Kart

2019 Q1 Star Fox
2019 Q2 Mario Party
2019 Q3 Super Smash Bros
2019 Q4 Mario 2D

...and more...

Mario kind of shakes it up with every new major console release, excepting Galaxy 2. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all very different games. Actually, Nintendo has been doing a pretty good job innovating with Mario since thd SNES, if you compare SMW and Yoshi's Island.

Must be a Wii U game. Hype!

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
Must be a Wii U game. Hype!

Nah, it must be GC/Wii game, that make much more sense.

JGarret said:

Maybe next E3?....c´mon, by the time the NX launches, it´ll have been around 3.5 years since Mario 3D World.

Well he definitely want to keep fans little in dark, he will definitely not say now, "new Mario will be at next E3". This basically means that new Mario will be holiday 2017. game.

Sounds good. Holiday 2017 then I guess.

DivinePaladin said:
Jumpin said:
No more silly spinoffs! We've only had 3 major Mario games in the last 25 years! Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 1, and 2 is it!
Give us Super Mario Galaxy 3.
Take my money!

Since when are Mario World, NSMB, and Sunshine silly spinoffs? I won't get into the argument about 3D World even though it's clearly also a mainline title, or why NSMBWii or U aren't, for that matter, but you cannot try and call the other games spinoffs. 

New Super Mario Bros was a retro style spinoff. It is a completely separate series.

Mario Sunshine is also a separate series. Miyamoto himself even confirmed that Sunshine wasn't Mario 128, the sequel to Mario 64 first announced in 1997 (128 was an experimental title which was ultimately scrapped and many of the elements it prototyped were taken and repackaged as Nintendo's new Mario 64 sequel, Super Mario Galaxy). Sunshine was a sequel to Luigi's Mansion, except featuring Mario. The game was about wearing a big squirt gun to shoot at goop all over the place

I wasn't referring to Mario World, as it was the point 25 years ago I was referring to when we really stopped seeing a steady release of mainline Marios.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JGarret said:

"Maybe next E3 we'll be able to share something."

"We wasn't really ready for FullHD development, all the NX games were delayed to 2018, please understand".