By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on NX: "For us it's not about specs"

Nintendo just never fucking learns... :/

Around the Network
twintail said:
high ed specs are not important.

specs that allow software to be adopted on a large scale is more important.

Nintendo's not really competing in that space anyway. Sony/MS have the traditional market, Nintendo will do their own thing, so specs aren't important. 

Being able to unify their platforms is probably more important to them. 

Xenostar said:
If they just want to focus on content why not get out of the hardware biz, they would shift a hell of alot more content that way

True. 

But what's Reggie supposed to say? Sorry, the competition is blowing us away with hardware, but we cant keep up. Because we would like to sell inferior hardware at elevated prices to earn the maximum profit. 

Darwinianevolution said:
Shared library, shared library, shared library, shared library, shared library... If power isn't an focus, fine, but push twice the content per console that you did this gen.

This

Uhmmm guys?
You do realize that Reggies comment was made in light of the Scorpio & Neo? He is just saying that they are not making a 4K brick, which was unlikely to begin with. Those will start at a minimum of 400 bucks, likely higher, and be the deluxe-variants of Xbox One and PS4 for the guys who have a 4k TV and money to burn. Everyone else can still buy the regular Xbox One and PS4. But NX wouldnt have that advantage, because its a new system and not a stronger iteration of an existing system. Making it that strong and expensive would alienate consumers AND third parties.

I said it dozens of times: As long as they match Xbox One and PS4 power they'll be fine. All games coming to Neo and Scorpio NEED to run on the older models too, so the difference in power wont matter when it comes to third parties, theyll continue developing on this power level anyway.

All they need to do is to make sure that third parties von no excuses like with the Wii U: "its to weak" "The engine wont support that strange architecture" "we dont know what to do with the gamepad" etc...

A Decent power level, standard Third-party support, and a steady stream of quality first party titles is all that is needed.

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Around the Network
MrCkurab said:

Uhmmm guys?
You do realize that Reggies comment was made in light of the Scorpio & Neo? He is just saying that they are not making a 4K brick, which was unlikely to begin with. Those will start at a minimum of 400 bucks, likely higher, and be the deluxe-variants of Xbox One and PS4 for the guys who have a 4k TV and money to burn. Everyone else can still buy the regular Xbox One and PS4. But NX wouldnt have that advantage, because its a new system and not a stronger iteration of an existing system. Making it that strong and expensive would alienate consumers AND third parties.

I said it dozens of times: As long as they match Xbox One and PS4 power they'll be fine. All games coming to Neo and Scorpio NEED to run on the older models too, so the difference in power wont matter when it comes to third parties, theyll continue developing on this power level anyway.

All they need to do is to make sure that third parties von no excuses like with the Wii U: "its to weak" "The engine wont support that strange architecture" "we dont know what to do with the gamepad" etc...

A Decent power level, standard Third-party support, and a steady stream of quality first party titles is all that is needed.

There's a fairly large difference between the XBox One and PS4 alone. 

Personally I'm starting to feel they have something that is under an XBox One. 

A unified platform doesn't work too well if there's monstrous differences in hardware performance, an iPhone is still relatively close to an iPad. 

I guess this confirms the Scorpio blows the NX specs out of the water and Nint is already specting the Neo to do the same. But if its superior to basic PS4 and XOne S it can succeed, it just need the games to abck it up.

Soundwave said:
MrCkurab said:

Uhmmm guys?

There's a fairly large difference between the XBox One and PS4 alone. 

Personally I'm starting to feel they have something that is under an XBox One. 

A unified platform doesn't work too well if there's monstrous differences in hardware performance, an iPhone is still relatively close to an iPad. 

And yet I have never heard a developer pissing on the Xbox One for being way too weak for his games, while the PS4 is fine.
I'm confident they will at least match Xbox One Levels of power anything else would make no sense.

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Unless they are using the new AMD chipset, I doubt they will be anywhere close to even the current X1 or PS4, Nintendo is too power draw sensitive.

I dont get it, do some people actually think Nintendo with NX would compete with Xbox Scorpio specs, and release console with price around $500, in middle of generation!? NX in that case hardly would pass evene 10m LT.

For me its very obvious that Nintendo with NX is aming affordable 1080p console with some new concept, it will definitely not run games in 4k.