By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio's power is irrelevant, Neo is where it counts. Here's why...

I kind of agree with the OP, i don't see any multiplat game running better on Scorpio if it really is more powerful, they would gain nothing from it.

In fact, it would probably be bad for developers to have multis running better on Xbox, this gen already proved multiplats sell much better on PS, would you really risk pissing off the biggest userbase of this gen? Is the extra cost to make games run better on Scorpio really worth it?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Swordmasterman said:

So you think that a console which only is popular in 2 countries with a Un-popular console, Neo and Scorpio are Un-popular because they are Premium versions, will outsell a Console that is Popular Worldwide since the first version ?.

So your saying all the 20million X1s sold are only on 2 countries? Haha yeah ok. Xbox is big in Australia which is all i care about. In saying that, just because your system doesnt sell aswell as its competitors world wide does not mean it never will. 

I am loving this thread. Alot of famailer names in here were boasting 1080p gaming and how it makes all the difference only to back pedal now because a newer system is coming out that will push more pixels.

Also for the OP. If games run at full 1080p/60 or 4k/30 on the Neo then expect the Scoprio to boost 4k on a regular basis plus a crap ton more effects and higher grade textures etc. Power isnt always about Resolution and frame rate. In other words what ever the rumoured Neo offers the Scorpio will do it better.

Because the X1 uses the same API as PCs with DX12, expect many games to be built with PC and Xbox in mind. 

When was the last time Microsoft said something about units of consoles sold ?, the last time I can remember is that they announced some shipped units and Xbox's Hardware revenue was down in 2015, we have 12-13 Millions of Xbox on USA 2.5-3 Millions of Xbox on the UK, and you say that it did not sold in just 2 countries ?, PS4 have 14-15 Millions on the USA and 3-3.5 Millions on the UK which is less than half of the PS4's Install base.

Valdath said:

I kind of agree with the OP, i don't see any multiplat game running better on Scorpio if it really is more powerful, they would gain nothing from it.

In fact, it would probably be bad for developers to have multis running better on Xbox, this gen already proved multiplats sell much better on PS, would you really risk pissing off the biggest userbase of this gen? Is the extra cost to make games run better on Scorpio really worth it?

Exactly!

kowenicki said:
In summary... the extra power would only matter if it was a Sony console because of the current large Playstation userbase

Fixed.  

It seems that many are simply ignoring what I'm actually saying and just think it's a hypocritical post.

This isn't a new gen so all that 'power' talk is mute, after 3 years the people and developers have already spoken (Playstation) and that's where the market will continue to lean towards, simple as that.  

If you owned a huge 3rd party company what route would you take in this situation if you were to make a multiplatform game for the Neo/Scorpio?

I think Valdath's post that I also quoted also summarized what I'm trying to say pretty well.

AnthonyW86 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Oh. How the tables have turned.

Haha i know what you mean, next up: Graphics don't matter. After that: Neo's secret sauce!

I wouldn't doubt it. To me graphics will always matter which is what sucks about X1 releasing a Scorpio cause I don't want to get an X1 but it'll bother me having the weaker system. Will see how things play out it's still real early right now. I think the main thing that will hold the Scorpio back will be devs. They tend to not take advantage of the power of the PC and hold those games back for consoles. I could see them holding back the Scorpio for the PS4.

X1/PC exlusives though should look amazing though.

method114 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Haha i know what you mean, next up: Graphics don't matter. After that: Neo's secret sauce!

I wouldn't doubt it. To me graphics will always matter which is what sucks about X1 releasing a Scorpio cause I don't want to get an X1 but it'll bother me having the weaker system. Will see how things play out it's still real early right now. I think the main thing that will hold the Scorpio back will be devs. They tend to not take advantage of the power of the PC and hold those games back for consoles. I could see them holding back the Scorpio for the PS4.

Devs would need to focus their development for the Xbox One, PS4, and NX, they will not use the Scorpio or the Neo as the base even for games that will launch for the Xbox/PC only, they need to work with the original Xbox One.

Around the Network

You know, I read the first post and thought "He made some good points. Azzanation will probably come in here and dismiss all of them because he hates PlayStation."

You did not disappoint, Azzanation. Predictable as always.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Swordmasterman said:
method114 said:

Devs would need to focus their development for the Xbox One, PS4, and NX, they will not use the Scorpio or the Neo as the base even for games that will launch for the Xbox/PC only, they need to work with the original Xbox One.

Ah your right I didn't even think about. So wow even Xbox/PC exlusives will be held back by the X1. 

Azuren said:
You know, I read the first post and thought "He made some good points. Azzanation will probably come in here and dismiss all of them because he hates PlayStation."

Also if the Scorpio GPU is capable of 4K gaming, then i'm amazed. Epecially on a APU.

kowenicki said:
V-r0cK said:

arent multiplat games often on PC?

I've always questioned PC games because since the dawn of time PC has always been way (way way way) more powerful than console yet their multiplat games tend to stay in line with the console versions.  So I think PC multiplat games will continue to still stay in line with the Neo. (but that wont stop mods :P)

Of course this is all my speculation, we wont truly know what every developer is planning on doing until the Neo/Scorpio is released.

Bandorr said:
Azuren said:

There is something comforting about predictable though.  It also makes it easier to read threads since I know who I can just skip over.

Why read a long rant when I can guess the content of the post just by their username?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames