By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

from gaf :

Some things I learned talking to a Capcom Vancouver rep:

1. They will not be talking exact resolution nor framerate at E3, but frame rate is already improved from DR3. 

2. Game is already running more zombies on screen than DR3. 

3. There will be more variety of zombies than DR3.

4. DR4 uses improved version of DR3 engine. Development started 8 months after finishing DR3. 

5. Capcom Vancouver is developing, MS is pubilishing. 1 year exclusive with MS. Slightly different deal than DR3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207130888#post207130888

Around the Network

it being an exclusive is just stupid. just look at what happened to tomb raider.

but then again this is capcom after all, they have been pretty much whoring out their games.

So Capcom like slowly killing their franchises? Not a good move.

This exclusive is okay, this is Capcom. Capcom is kinda not doing well financially. Capcom in the past was doing unethical stuff as well.

Tbh Capcom shouldn't be doing this with any of their franchises, it shouldn't be okay when either side does it.

That said I hope that means that the game will appear on Steam for Windows 7-8.1 users, that's the only way I'll definitely be buying it. Capcom would be insane to ignore the other two OS's and Steam if they just go with only Win 10 and Win 10 store.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Of course

Chazore said:
Tbh Capcom shouldn't be doing this with any of their franchises, it shouldn't be okay when either side does it.

That said I hope that means that the game will appear on Steam for Windows 7-8.1 users, that's the only way I'll definitely be buying it. Capcom would be insane to ignore the other two OS's and Steam if they just go with only Win 10 and Win 10 store.

from what i know its releasing on steam this year. 

bananaking21 said:
it being an exclusive is just stupid. just look at what happened to tomb raider.

but then again this is capcom after all, they have been pretty much whoring out their games.

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
bananaking21 said:

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

it doesnt strike me as smart when they ignore the PS4 and its 40 million install base. again, look at how that worked for tomb raider. 

As i thought, its impossible to skip thé ps4 for such big third party.

Though thé game doesnt intérest me, so it doesnt change anything for me.

Just shows that Microosft e3 was even worse than what i thought

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m