By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch has sold 10 million copies

Overwatch just recently passed the 10 million mark, making it easily one of the most successful multiplayer games of all time. Despite all the hate it's garnered for its supposedly outrageous price point, it seems that this move by Blizzard was the correct one. And competitive mode releases in a couple of weeks! Let's give a round of applause to Blizzard. They really deserve it! Congratulations Blizzard! Keep on doing you!

Edit: 

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

I don't get it, where did that come from? Amazing number. I'm not happy about it because I dislike both the genre and the style of Overwatch.

Those are crazy numbers if true.

I caved and bought a copy this weekend. The game is a blast!

BF1 and TF2 look sick though and will likely steal me away this holiday.

Seemed to come out of nowhere.

The reddit sub has over 400k subscribers already, it's crazy

Ka-pi96 said:
Firstly, 10 million players =/= 10 million sales

Secondly, already posted http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217529&page=1#

A.) Why would it not mean 10 million sales. I think you're wrong.

B.) Darn.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

China and South Korea really getting into this game.

Ka-pi96 said:

Secondly, already posted http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217529&page=1#

This.

Please wait for actual sales numbers.

Ka-pi96 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

A.) Why would it not mean 10 million sales. I think you're wrong.

B.) Darn.

Used copies, people using multiple accounts, gamesharing etc.

Granted it's not going to be a particularly large difference. But total number of players is pretty much always higher than total sales.

But does that work here? If people have multiple accounts, that means they bought those multiple accounts. And how do used copies work for Overwatch? I just feel like it's probably 10 million, and if not that it's very close.

Ljink96 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

This.

I did. This was it. If you actually think there is that much of a difference, we can bet on it. Don't know how, but maybe you have an idea.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Ljink96 said:

This.

I did. This was it. If you actually think there is that much of a difference, we can bet on it. Don't know how, but maybe you have an idea.

I uh...can't afford to lose any more bets at the moment