By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Breath of the wild Open world size revealed

YES! 78 67.24%

No, I want 24 times bigger! 38 32.76%

Total:116
Esiar said:
Platina said:
Would like to see how this is in comparison to Xenoblade X but is good to know

Walking takes a long time and your stamina depletes really fast (probably can be upgraded) so hopefully there are better ways in traveling around (aside from Epona)

Apparently the Shrines work as warp points. If they're spaced out like they are in the demo throughout the whole world, that would work well.

Was expecting there to be some warp points since this is all technological and everything :p

Wonder if we will get other methods of transportation though (like bird or something)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Looking forward to this one :). But I generally don´t want the World to expand too much, I want the ares to feel memorable and something that I return to several times during gameplay.

It looks very nice overall, and the size is pretty impressive.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Holy schnikes.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Puppyroach said:
Looking forward to this one :). But I generally don´t want the World to expand too much, I want the ares to feel memorable and something that I return to several times during gameplay.

I'm sure the towns and sidequests will have that. But I like how big the world is, because it means that if I play the game multiple times, I'm going to find things I missed, and I'm going to forget some parts (and re-experience it), and I'd experience the same thing from multiple different angles. And I'm hoping sidequests have multiple outcomes.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
vivster said:

IGN: "Too much water" 6/10.

Im sorry, but what your problem?You just downplay Nintendo at every turn, even when they show great things.One thing is being critical, other thing is just trying too hard to get under people skin.

Lol I think you don't get the reference 

IGN is known for stupid criticism. 

This specific examples refers to one of their horrible reviews for pokemon alpha sapphire and omega ruby. They took points off for the WATER BASED AREA supposedly having "too much water". They ended up giving the games 7.8/10

Of course, this made IGN and game critics into an even bigger joke 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Esiar said:
Puppyroach said:

I'm sure the towns and sidequests will have that. But I like how big the world is, because it means that if I play the game multiple times, I'm going to find things I missed, and I'm going to forget some parts (and re-experience it), and I'd experience the same thing from multiple different angles. And I'm hoping sidequests have multiple outcomes.

I agree, Nintendo are really good at getting the player to want to explore the entire world, meaning going back to places and such. And maybe there will come some free DLC with new quests during the games first two years to keep us all coming back :).

hershel_layton said:
Nautilus said:

Im sorry, but what your problem?You just downplay Nintendo at every turn, even when they show great things.One thing is being critical, other thing is just trying too hard to get under people skin.

Lol I think you don't get the reference 

IGN is known for stupid criticism. 

This specific examples refers to one of their horrible reviews for pokemon alpha sapphire and omega ruby. They took points off for the WATER BASED AREA supposedly having "too much water". They ended up giving the games 7.8/10

Of course, this made IGN and game critics into an even bigger joke 

Nintendo - You can go to the final boss right away.
IGN - Too short. 6/10.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Blester said:
Wow, i'm willing to say that it might be 1.5 or even 2 times the size of Xenoblade Chronicles X

No. The math is saying BotW should end up at around 140 square miles, which is about 10% smaller than Xenoblade X. 

This game doesn't have Mechs, though. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
Blester said:
Wow, i'm willing to say that it might be 1.5 or even 2 times the size of Xenoblade Chronicles X

No. The math is saying BotW should end up at around 140 square miles, which is about 10% smaller than Xenoblade X. 

This game doesn't have Mechs, though. 

Yep. 400km2 for X and around 360km2 for Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile