By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's pretend we're not all biased on this site: Nintendo didn't win E3.

Danman27 said:

I've been watching zelda gameplay for like the last half hour. God this game looks so boring. In the entire time I saw him play, he solved one puzzle and fight two enemies. The rest was walking and collecting apples. If this game gets positive reviews, it's due solely to nastalgia. 

Or you know, the much more likely scenario where they don't want to spoil the entire game before it releases.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
Fans of (insert favorite brand/console) won E3, so technically we all won.

You can justify till you are blue in the face but you will never convince someone who does not share your same opinion that you are right.

I enjoyed what I saw from all three.

That Zelda trailer was sick though!

I am pretty sure I made this joke when you joined, but that was too long ago! The Truth Hurts!

LOL, it is still funny today!

Glad you are still around to remind me.  I dont know if (we) clasify as members of the old guard after 8 years, but it is always nice to be around familiar faces.  One of the reasons I still love this place.

Teeqoz said:
bunchanumbers said:
Nah. Nintendo won E3 hands down. All the games I saw from Sony were pretty much the same with little tweaks. GoW looked like TLOU with vikings. Horizon looked like TLOU with bigger space and robot dinosaurs. Then there's the biker TLOU with zombies. Its like Sony pointed all their studios at ND and said 'See that? Make more of that!' and we all got cookie cutter 3rd person games as a result.

Yeah I agree, all of Sony's games were basically TLOU spin-offs. Heck, even Nintendo's very own Zelda was basically a TLOU spin off. I mean, it looked exactly like TLOU except with an open world, more colours, different gameplay, different setting, different story and different characters. See, pretty much TLOU.

LMBO let's not forget Spiderman that DEFINITELY looks like TLOU with well...Spiderman and OH yeah TLG is also TLOU...yeah that comment baffled me as well it was reaching at it's finest lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I still say no one won. That is because some of the good announcements were counterbalanced with big disappointments.
Nintendo at least only showed the good announcement. So at least they get a positive balance. But its hardly anything to write home about.

Everyone lost in this E3. Most of all the market that is now at risk if the new consoles and the consumers who stand to be nickle and dimmed and see an ever smaller array of different genres.

For me, this was the worst E3 ever.

Well zelda is my favourite franchise so i'm 100% biased.Nintendo could have just shown Link taking a crap and they would have won e3 for me.

Around the Network

They can't win with 1 game, even if beats everything else.

Why do I have to say this again? I won E3!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

ps3-sales! said:

Not sure why people think 1 game can automatically put Nintendo in first place and winning E3 over Sony. Kind of odd. 

Zelda looked like Wind Waker 2.0. Outdated visuals. I honestly don't see anything special with it. But I know it will be super duber fun. 

Microsoft fell flat. 

Sony had literally no bad game showings except getting everybody hyped for a new Crash game only to find out it was just a remaster of the old games (like seriously?) and it's still hard to show VR on stage. Plus that price. Yikes. 

But other than that Sony's games clearly eclipsed everybody else. I don't think it was even close. I wish people wouldn't be biased when discussing these sort of things honestly. 

Discuss.

OP: I agree that no company "win" with just one game, no matter how good it is.

Bolded: I strongly disagree. Breath of the Wild is up there with the best looking cartoony games ever. And to think they managed to pull good graphics (with amazing artstyle) while making it a huge openworld on a hardware that's barely more powerful than X360 (2005) is kind of amazing. Sure it looks rough at times, but that's due to the size of the world and hardware limitations... you can bet NX version will be the more refined/polished.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

This entire post is kind of silly. For one, there is no such thing as "winning" E3 being a fact. However one determines to have won E3 is completely based on perception, opinion, and yes, bias. So if someone believes Nintendo won E3 with one game, they are right. Just like Sony won E3 for you. You are correct, too. It's a personal thing.

Metrics like Youtube views and trends would be a way to measure how much buzz something like a press conference garnered, but that doesn't change a person's opinion. I, for one, didn't even watch the entire Zelda video and was thoroughly impressed with Sony. Still, that doesn't invalidate others' opinions.

Sony fan here.

Zelda won E3. It has all of my wants.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames