By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo won E3

Tagged games:

Nintendo only had to show us two games to win E3. Now I understand why they didn't go all out. Competition was non existant this year.

Let's go over the "big" reveals:

God of War - Nothing too great about it. The camera is too close to Kratos. Not much was shown about the gameplay. Veredict: Mediocre

Resident Evil 7 - PT 2 - It's basically the PT game everyone was asking for but no Resident Evil fan wished for. It's going to be a great game for youtubers though! Veredict: Abominable

Horizon - Finally a good looking game. The dinosaurs look great and the world is amazing. The only good game on the Sony conference. Veredict: Respectable

Days Gone - Another zombie game... we are getting tired of this kind of games. Veredict: Boring

Spider Man - People are getting hyped for a spiderman game? The last good Spider Man game was released 16 years ago. Veredict: Meh

Detroit Become Human - Another cinematic experience videogame. Considering the track record of these guys I'm pretty sure we are in for a very boring game! Veredict:  Ewww

That Kojima game - I have no idea what this game is about but it had a naked man so it must be awesome right? It has Kojima in it so it can't be bad. Veredict: Bootylicious

The Last Guardian - Finally we have a release date... yay!! Veredict: About time Sony! 

Sony conference Veredict: It sucked!

I'm not even going to list the Microsoft conference since everyone here knows that Microsoft can't win E3.

It's worth mentioning that FF XV was present on it. And the trailer sucks. Now the game suddenly sucks. Pre order cancelled.

Now we are on to the good part:

Zelda - Big open world, new mechanics that evolve the gameplay to a higher plane, voice acting, amazing graphics. This game has a high chance at being the best Zelda game of all time. Veredict: Best game shown on E3!

Pokemon - It's pokemon, we know the drill this game is going to be awesome and I can't wait to change my hats in game! Veredict: You can change hats, wow!

Nintendo tree house Veredict: Amazing!

Nintendo just won E3 with just two games and they didn't even need to show the NX!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I do think Zelda is the game of the show, but I still think Sony won.

/s ???

The game does look pretty fap worthy tho

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Let's just say Aonuma has outdone himself and has set the standard so high.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Captain_Yuri said:
/s ???

The game does look pretty fap worthy tho

I honestly didn't see anything exciting in the Sony conference. Maybe horizon?

Aside from that the conference was boring.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Sarcastic thread?

I think Sony won (I have a soft spot for that mini movie of God of War), but E3 2016 has been a lot weaker than E3 2015 for everyone except Nintendo (their presentation last year was very weak, just Zelda BotW blows anything shown there out of the water).

Also, it looks like A Happy Few really got improved since the last time I saw it. I'm glad for it, it's my indie of choice of this E3.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"It's worth mentioning that FF XV was present on it. And the trailer sucks. Now the game suddenly sucks. Pre order cancelled." /s

Lube Me Up

As much of a Nintendo fanboy as I am, Sony won, and it wasn't even close. I do think Zelda was probably better than anything they showed, but they had a much better variety, a few surprises, and far bigger VR content than I anticipated. Zelda can't beat that. Sun and Moon will be another Pokemon game, which is fine, but having a demo that showed me how to catch Pokemon and basic stuff like that bored me to tears.

Nintendo Can't Win