By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated now with poll) E3: Zelda Breath of the Wild Vs Horizon Zero Dawn = which one has the "wow factor"?

Which one had the biggest "WOW! Factor"?

Zelda 273 58.84%

Horizon 179 38.58%

None 12 2.59%

Total:464

If Horizon Zero Dawn was announced with Zelda graphics and gameplay, vs Zelda being announced with Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay and graphics, almost unanimously 100% of you would agree that Zelda was the better game.

Anyone with a clear head would see that Horizon Zero Dawn is the better game by a mile.

Zelda look bland, slow and extremely outdated.

Zelda 5/10
Horizon Zero Dawn 9/10

Around the Network
sabastian said:

Zelda 5/10
Horizon Zero Dawn 9/10

I can guarantee you that isn't what the metacritics will look like. Zelda BotW will likely score mid 90's (as all Zelda games do) and Horizon Zero Dawn (depending whether Guerilla can pull it off or not) between 85 - 92. ;) 

Earlier Horizon kept my attention by cool setting but now it didnt bring more, while when I was watching Zelda I literally hold my breath for 3 mins with that first trailer on E3

Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:

Yes, really. In any case, I've never watched a studio Ghibli animation that looks so dead and lifeless.

You must be completley blind if you think the game looked dead, but I think you have already proven that by not seeing how obviously based on the Ghibli artstyle it is. 

Who in their right mind thinks that this:

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-E3-2016-08-930x515.jpeg

looks anything like this:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_504,w_936/t_mp_quality/hnqnqfvvke8wi51yr8hb/which-studio-ghibli-movies-do-you-need-to-see-other-than-spirited-away-reviewing-every-593309.jpg

I understand that you want to say that the game looks good but not only does it not look Studio Ghibli-good but I think it looks bland and lacks colour.

sabastian said:
If Horizon Zero Dawn was announced with Zelda graphics and gameplay, vs Zelda being announced with Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay and graphics, almost unanimously 100% of you would agree that Zelda was the better game.

Anyone with a clear head would see that Horizon Zero Dawn is the better game by a mile.

Zelda 5/10
Horizon Zero Dawn 9/10

When one of those games is 10 points above the other on metacritic and way above in sales too then we'll see what is "the better game by a mile"

Zelda looks mistique, charming, extremelly fun and with one of those inmortal artstyles that age way better than most games of its generation, and that's soemthing everyone with a head, as you say, can see.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You must be completley blind if you think the game looked dead, but I think you have already proven that by not seeing how obviously based on the Ghibli artstyle it is. 

Who in their right mind thinks that this:

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-E3-2016-08-930x515.jpeg

looks anything like this:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_504,w_936/t_mp_quality/hnqnqfvvke8wi51yr8hb/which-studio-ghibli-movies-do-you-need-to-see-other-than-spirited-away-reviewing-every-593309.jpg

I understand that you want to say that the game looks good but not only does it not look Studio Ghibli-good but I think it looks bland and lacks colour.

Not really, watch this trailer at full quality, the low quality of the stream made the game look a bit washed, but here you can see the color is more vibrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk

You can see that here too:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=217571&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:

Not really, watch this trailer at full quality, the low quality of the stream made the game look a bit washed, but here you can see the color is more vibrant.

Yeah the game is very Ghibli like when seen at good quality.

Wyrdness said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah the game is very Ghibli like when seen at good quality.

Those gifs are gorgeous.  This is going to be a long nine months. 

Horizon looks generic, hate to say it. it has roughly the same aesthetic that most open world adventure games this generation go for (i.e. Witcher, Dragon Age, etc.).

the new Zelda game looks gorgeous. those commenting on its graphics seem to miss that they are going for a very deliberate style much like a lot of Japanese cartoon films

sabastian said:

Zelda 5/10
Horizon Zero Dawn 9/10

funny you talking for other people.

graphics aren't everything for one, and for another- the graphics styles are INCREDIBLY different. its not an apples to apples comparison- you can't just compare a game going for a more realistic aesthetic to a game LITERALLY going for a Japanese cartoon look (cel shading and the art in general).

at any rate though I would argue that Ocarina of TIme as a 'wow' game still is better than a lot of adventure titles that come out TODAY so I would argue your opinion is pretty flawed.

the 'wow' factor involves more than just 'oh my god that has the most sprites on screen!'. it involves the art, music, story, cohesion, etc.

sorry but Horizon looks generic. the nature mixing with machines is a unique IDEA but how its been presented is nothing unusual when compared with other big triple A adventure game projects.

if either game has an arguement for being unique or different seeming it would be Zelda