By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Reactions - Colin, Kinda Funny

Azzanation said:
Bryank75 said:

Forza is an annual game, Scalebound was first shown in 2014...MS cinference was all known about and very little wow factor. 

God of War? Days Gone? RE7? Kojimas trailer was impressive too. But downplay if you like. Was like this last year where all the xbox fans kept trying to push that they won something..... we all know how it is viewed in retrospect.

So your saying MS was predictable yet you mention God of War 4 which 90% of gamers knew was coming and RE7 an unnual series thats multiplat.. strange.

They were both underwhelming in my opinion, both showed many expected games. I also never judge a show using multiplats as leverage. Just like many claimed FF7 the deciding game last year yet its also coming to everything. Shows should be based on company own exclusives. They both showed similar exclusives with many 3rd party games holding up the show. Its a draw in my opinion.

GOW looked very different to what people expected.... RE is not an annual series (mainline entries anyway)

Days Gone, Kojimas teaser, Horizon, Detroit and Spider-Man were all phenomenal IMO.

Gears looks incredibly dated, console reveal was nothing but numbers and out of their whole show the only essential game I would say was FH3, which looked great. 

Main point is that all of MS games look like the same tired old formula and worn out franchises, Sony always has something new and fresh going on. Something for everyone.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Azzanation said:

So your saying MS was predictable yet you mention God of War 4 which 90% of gamers knew was coming and RE7 an unnual series thats multiplat.. strange.

They were both underwhelming in my opinion, both showed many expected games. I also never judge a show using multiplats as leverage. Just like many claimed FF7 the deciding game last year yet its also coming to everything. Shows should be based on company own exclusives. They both showed similar exclusives with many 3rd party games holding up the show. Its a draw in my opinion.

Show hard factual proof ff7 is going " everything"

Show hard proof that its not? Sony normally tells us whats exclusives very clearly. We definitely know its a PC title aswell.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Not sure how Sony or Microsoft won. Both felt very meh to me. Best thing from Sony was Spider-Man and days gone.

Best from Microsoft was forza horizon 3 and scalebound. Not much else worth getting excited over.

Lol we got a blind man here.

Moderated - VXIII

Bryank75 said:
Azzanation said:

GOW looked very different to what people expected.... RE is not an annual series (mainline entries anyway)

Days Gone, Kojimas teaser, Horizon, Detroit and Spider-Man were all phenomenal IMO.

Gears looks incredibly dated, console reveal was nothing but numbers and out of their whole show the only essential game I would say was FH3, which looked great. 

Main point is that all of MS games look like the same tired old formula and worn out franchises, Sony always has something new and fresh going on. Something for everyone.

Thats funny because i could say the same thing about Sony and there linear styled story telling games which GoW4 has heading down. Horizon is the only game that seems fresh basing off your logic. Which Sea of Thieves also offers a fresh new idea/genre. Something for everyone both offered.

Ka-pi96 said:
Azzanation said:

Show hard proof that its not? Sony normally tells us whats exclusives very clearly. We definitely know its a PC title aswell.

You're really the one that should be providing hard proof when making claims like that...

Easy, Sony never said PS4 exclusive which they tend to say with all there exclusives.

Around the Network

They ruined: Crash, Resident Evil and God of War in one conference. Congratulations to Sony.

Ka-pi96 said:
Azzanation said:

You're really the one that should be providing hard proof when making claims like that...

FF7 was announced as first on PS4 it's not exclusive, do you really believe that Square Enix would give their biggest cash cow to only one Platform? Remember when FF13 and FF13Versus were announced as PS3 "exclusives"

Uabit said:
They ruined: Crash, Resident Evil and God of War in one conference. Congratulations to Sony.

I'm not sold on RE7 being in First person it doesn't even look like the same franchise, I'm surprised to see so many people split on God of War especially on NeoGaf of all places.

Azzanation said:
Bryank75 said:

Thats funny because i could say the same thing about Sony and there linear styled story telling games which GoW4 has heading down. Horizon is the only game that seems fresh basing off your logic. Which Sea of Thieves also offers a fresh new idea/genre. Something for everyone both offered.

So...you are saying there is no place in gaming for linear types of games!? Must be why people didn't buy QB on xbox.... the xbox audience doesn't see the value in different genres? 

Variety I think is key and not everything has to be open-world, not everything has to follow the popular trend. Open-world suits Horizon, doesn't mean it will suit GOW.... 

Going to have to agree. Xbox Skorpio announcement was pretty pointless without the games to back it.

But we all know the true winner, gamers :^)