By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of war is ruined (opinion)

Veknoid_Outcast said:
AnthonyW86 said:

I agree with you, it mostly resembles TLOU. However i fail to see why a combination of three of the best Playstation franchises in history would be a bad thing.

Oh I agree. There's nothing wrong with this new interpretation of God of War per se. But I don't want to lose the old hack and slash God of War to get it.

Guaranteed kratos Will still be a ruthless mother Fulkerson shredding people up left to right with new arsenal (chains of Olympus don't make any sense) and new lore

Around the Network

Yep for me God of War = hack and slash :/
But this doesn't mean that I am not hyped for the new God of War, it looked fantastic imo and I am still very interested!!! I am hyped!!!

Well i agree with both sides of this argument. I for one love the God of War series, one of my favourite franchises of all time but i agree that they have really changed the game up and not really to my liking but that being said i am really excited and want to see a lot more.

This seems the same as people complaining about RE 7.I mean, its IMPOSSIBLE to appease fans.In RE 7, people wanted it to go back to survival horror.And it seems it did.But NOW people complain that "its first person, there is no combat in the demo, look too much like PT/Silent Hills".Good lord, you guys are impossible to make happy.Its just a showing.The same is true for God Of War.

First of all, a game cant be always the same.Games keep having changes, keeps getting better.Its the same for RE 4, for GTA 3.All games that were significally different than the predescessor and were for the better(in general).We have seen little of GOW 4, so I think its early to judge, but what if this more adventure aprach is better?What if you do try to innovate instead of doing the same type of gameplay and tone as the last 5 GOW games.Plus is basically a new trilogy, so it makes sense to try and do something a bit different.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I liked what I saw. The series needed a shake-up.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 24 July 2018

It looks like Naughty Dog made a GOW game

I think it needed this. The franchise was becoming stale imo.

Nem said:

I agree with you. They are trying to make souls meets god of war, but that completely misses the point of GoW, wich is just mindless fun. Big massive spectacles where you own stuff. Babysitter simulator looks interesting, but it doesnt look like GoW.

It's the problem with today's market. The number of different genres keeps reducing. I guess action games don't sell enough millions to justify making more. :/ This keeps getting worse.

Hear, hear.

It's really getting bad. So many cinematic action games and open-world shooters at E3.

In part that's why I think Microsoft topped Sony this year. Games like Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, and Halo Wars 2 just look like fun to play. 

This one doesn't look like God of War at all; remove Kratos and you don't have anything that resembles the IP, really. It suffers from the same thing Prey trailer had.

Its not Ruined, its changed which might ruin it for some gamers but overall it looks interesting to many

Twitter @CyberMalistix