By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How much will Project Scorpio cost?

How much will Scorpio cost? (USD)

400-450 34 13.71%

450-500 73 29.44%

550-600 52 20.97%

600-700 37 14.92%

700-800 22 8.87%

800-900 6 2.42%

900-1000 4 1.61%

1000+ 20 8.06%

Total:248

So what we know about the console that seems to be the big difference is that it packs a huge punch of 6Tflops.

To put that into perspective the GTX 980 is about 5 tflops. So it's about 20% more powerful. A GTX 980 alone costs around $500 from a quick search on amazon, 20% higher means $600. Let alone it cost more because it'll be in a much smaller form factor assume it's console sized and we're not even talking about the Cpu, Ram, Contoller etc.

What're we thinking here? Assuming price goes down of course by the time Holiday 2017 rolls around so factoring that in I'm gonna say about $800.

MAYBE $750

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

$499.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
$499.

This.

EDIT: Thinking about it: maybe $399, MS might take a loss on this one

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Well... The next gen GPUs from AMD got announced which is the RX 480 and it's 5+ TF. Most likely around 5.5TF according to "leaks" and its priced at $200 which is coming out pretty soon so... Its certainly not gonna be that expensive.

I say around $500sh since its coming out next year

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
How many tflops is PS4/Xbox One now?

1.31 XB1

1.84 PS4

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

$499 - It's 6TF after all.

$499 seems right.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm going to guess $499. Maybe more. It seems the PS4 Neo and Scorpio are probably using the same chip, the new RX480. Only it seems Sony may keep it at the normal clock, which will probably give them 5Tflops-5.5Tflops, while MS is planning on overclocking theirs to reach 5.8Tflops-6Tflops. Of course, that little bit of power increase isn't going to help if Sony does plan on getting the Neo out by the end of this year, giving them a year head start, and price it at $399-$449.

Personally, nothing shown at MS's conference looks to turn their fortunes around. It also makes me think they are slowly getting away from consoles, and are focusing on making Windows 10 a big gaming thing, considering how often they said Windows 10. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the Scorpio arrives, it will be pushed more as a Windows platform than a Xbox one, kinda like a Steam box.

Edit:  Lol, meant Tflops, not TB.  Brainfart.

oops, double post.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

probably a base of $400 with some variant that cost more.

the scorpio hardware seems awkward in the context that their entire library is now on pc however.