By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quake Champions (PC) : E3 2016 Reveal Trailer

Tagged games:

Wow was so happy to see this then I read PC only... Killed it off for me. I had many years of fun with Quake 3 but I just don't enjoy playing games on PC these days any more especially when it comes to FPSgames oh well :(

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Wow was so happy to see this then I read PC only... Killed it off for me. I had many years of fun with Quake 3 but I just don't enjoy playing games on PC these days any more especially when it comes to FPSgames oh well :(

Considering they started out and were made popular by PC then I honestly cannot imagine why they can't work on the platform. would it bother you if it was exclusively made just for consoles?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:

I'm sure it will come out on consoles eventually.

More likely a year exclusive deal or something.

That would explain the design of gameplay that we're hearing so far which makes it a bit of a shame to see it watered down to being a clone of another game rather than trying to just be Quake.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

Considering they started out and were made popular by PC then I honestly cannot imagine why they can't work on the platform. would it bother you if it was exclusively made just for consoles?.

Maybe he doesnt have good rig ?

Anyway, I do not see this as a big seller. The competition is insane if we talk about MP FPS.

PC exclusive ? Let it be. Unreal on PS360 was really the bomba back then.

Chazore said:
WoodenPints said:

In the modern era they should be aiming for both PC + consoles really for their own benfit as well as others .

The problem for me is these days playing a FPS on mouse+keyboard feels so bad maybe its age but its a trend that has happened for me and everyone I grew up with who were hardcore PC gamers through the era of Unreal and Quake and we all play on console now a lot due to a level playing field with controller over M+K don't know if we are an exception but I imagine there are plenty of others who have done the same and DOOM doing well on consoles shows there is demand for old school shooters.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Chazore said:

Anyway, I do not see this as a big seller. The competition is insane if we talk about MP FPS.

Na my rig is good I used to be really into building and upgrading had it watercooled until a year and half ago, I just decided to wind down playing on PC for various reasons.

WoodenPints said:

In the modern era they should be aiming for both PC + consoles really for their own benfit as well as others .

The problem for me is these days playing a FPS on mouse+keyboard feels so bad maybe its age but its a trend that has happened for me and everyone I grew up with who were hardcore PC gamers through the era of Unreal and Quake and we all play on console now a lot due to a level playing field with controller over M+K don't know if we are an exception but I imagine there are plenty of others who have done the same and DOOM doing well on consoles shows there is demand for old school shooters.

Practically every dev should but primarily MS, Nintendo and Sony think otherwise as well as some devs.

I grew up with both K+M and gamepads, I always felt in the end that I was screwing myself over with a gamepad and when I finally decided to go full in for the majority of FPS games, I felt capped whenver I tried playing competitively with one. For 3rd person games with good K+M controls I'll end up using the M+K, if it;s really bad like Battlefront in terms of vehicle controls, I'll have no choice but to use gamepad in that sort of scenario.

Yes there is a demand for old school shooters but there is an even greater demand for old school arena shooters and ones that aren't designed around the gamepad, as in no other option but to use M+K.

KingofTrolls said:

He doesn't need a really good rig to run the game from the sounds of it and we don't even know the full specs list either.

I don't get why it being PC exclusive is the worst thing but it being on last gen was amazing, it's been amazing on PC since it;s inception if we go by it;s actual history. 

Chazore said:

I don't get why it being PC exclusive is the worst thing but it being on last gen was amazing, it's been amazing on PC since it;s inception if we go by it;s actual history. 

( I'm saying not releasing it on consoles is a good move - but I dont think Quake will beat CS,OW or COD by any means. Not today, maybe in 5 years.. )

My favorite announcement this E3.