By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Most Wanted(20.04.07 - 26.04.07)

HappySqurriel said:

As for Gundam Mosou, Namco-Bandai and Koei worked jointly to produce the game ... Koei said that they expected the game to sell 2 Million copies while Namco-Bandai expected 1 Million; when complaining about sales of the game Namco-Bandai said that they expected it to sell "at least" 500,000 copies which (surprisingly enough) was the same value that Namco-Bandai clamed was required to break even on a game.

I do remember them saying it would sell about 2 million copies. They said the two properties (Gundam and Dynasty Warriors) merged should yield that kind of return.

OriGin said:
And thus the reason the game is being ported to 360 and coming to the US as multi-platform now.

I noticed that. I'm assuming this will be a rule of thumb for third party games that don't sell well on either platform.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
akuma587 said:
You could probably call Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 flops, but I don't think you could say the same thing about Gundam Musou. It may not have sold a million copies or anything, but it moved quite a few copies.

I guess it depends on perspective.

NamcoBandai wanted to sell at least 500,000 copies of Gundam Musou. It sold 250k.

Microsoft wanted to sell at least 200,000 copies of Blue Dragon. It has sold about 180k. 

Blue Dragon  was put at no 2 by Famitsu and it was also projected to sell as big as FF13.

Mistwalker couldnot recover the high production cost of Blue Dragon.

Gundam musou was a 5 million dollar project. so around 300k is just more than enough for the BANDAI to recover the cost+ make some money( in excess of some millions).

Musou has sold 270k copies till date.

larry said:
Dolla Dolla said:
akuma587 said:
You could probably call Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 flops, but I don't think you could say the same thing about Gundam Musou. It may not have sold a million copies or anything, but it moved quite a few copies.

NamcoBandai wanted to sell at least 500,000 copies of Gundam Musou. It sold 250k.

Microsoft wanted to sell at least 200,000 copies of Blue Dragon. It has sold about 180k.

Blue Dragon sold around 132k till date.

It was put at no 2 by Famitsu and it was also projected to sell as big as FF13.

Gundam musou was a 5 million dollar project. so around 300k is just more than enough for the BANDAI to recover the cost+ make some money( in excess of some millions).

so it was projected to sell 3 copies per 360 in japan?  interesting projections.

larry said:

Sorry, larry, but you're wrong.

http://vgchartz.com/japcomp.php?name1=Blue+Dragon&name2=Gundam+Musou

Blue Dragon LTD - 186,073
Gundam Musou LTD - 271,277

Gundam Musou being ported to the 360 for US release - http://kotaku.com/gaming/captain-obvious/gundam-musou-coming-to-america-360-259209.php

And Blue Dragon was NEVER projected to sell as good as FF13:
http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000001499
"Microsoft Aims for 200,000 Blue Dragon Units Sold in Japan"

And BandaiNamco was very displeased with the sales, thus changing their plans to develop for the PS3:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/05/11/namco-not-happy-about-ps3-sales-states-new-plan/

Do you have any links backing up your loose claims?

blue dragon was at no 2 after being put on the same par as FF13. It mega flopped in Japan with sales even lower than that of Resistance at 132k copies.

Blue Dragon sold

Resistance Sold

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network
larry said:

all those ps3 games in the list would sell atleast 500k copies.

LO would sell a decent 100k no doubt.

the top 4 ps3 games in the list are all expected to sell million copies in japan

Biohazard Probably wont, and Metal Gear Solid CERTAINLY wont sell a million in Japan

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

larry said:
Dolla Dolla said:
akuma587 said:

You're posting complete LIES as fact larry, what are you trying to acheive?

Microsoft23966 

Blue Dragon    Microsoft    23    966    186,073

That is the latest numbers from this site for the sales of this game, and I believe Media Create and Famitsu are very close to this... where are you getting 130K from?

I don't think anyone doubts that the 360 doesn't sell well in Japan?

Can you not see the irony in your post? Lets look at the install bases for PS3 and 360 in Japan at the moment...

PS3 - 910,000
360 - 390,000

Sales of Blue Dragon which you are bagging - 186,000
Sales of Gundam Musou which is a resounding success in your eyes (yet a flop in everyone elses INCLUDING the developers) - 271,000

So... if the game ever sold at levels ANYWHERE near the levels of those that Blue Dragon did on 360 then they should have sold AT LEAST 630,000 copies of Musou to be JUST as successful as the phenomenal failure of Blue Dragon, when in fact, from a user-base perspective Musuo has sold 1/3 of the volume of Blue Dragon.

Of course this is skewed but for a country that was so heavily dominated by Sony over the last two generations to be THIS CLOSE to 360 in their mother land at this stage is terrible.

And then stating the Mist Walker made massive losses on their 360 project? And Capcom lost money with Lost Planet? Which has sold excellent in the US and Europe? You're a complete and utter troll.

larry why do you not comment back to the people that say that Mist Walker is MS funded? Because it hurts your deluded argument?

Now STOP lying - I wonder if you will respond to my post? Probably not cause I just schooled you.

Good luck refuting all of that larry... Thumbs up Dolla Dolla!

larry said:

all those ps3 games in the list would sell atleast 500k copies.

LO would sell a decent 100k no doubt.

the top 4 ps3 games in the list are all expected to sell million copies in japan

OK Larry.  Somehow the PS3 in Japan is expecting to go from 1,185,030 software sales to 5 million software sales, just as soon as these games are released? All of the PS3 games in Japan, added together, hardly pass 1 million. Just give it up man. Compare PS3 sales in the USA or somewhere else, where they are actually in the running.