By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Most Wanted(20.04.07 - 26.04.07)

akuma587 said:
You could probably call Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 flops, but I don't think you could say the same thing about Gundam Musou. It may not have sold a million copies or anything, but it moved quite a few copies.

Bandai is on the record as saying Gundam sales were a huge disappointment. They were expecting 500k in sales, they got less than 300k. In the same statement, Bandai said they were shifting more resources to the Wii.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
You could probably call Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 flops, but I don't think you could say the same thing about Gundam Musou. It may not have sold a million copies or anything, but it moved quite a few copies.

I guess it depends on perspective.

NamcoBandai wanted to sell at least 500,000 copies of Gundam Musou. It sold 250k.

Microsoft wanted to sell at least 200,000 copies of Blue Dragon. It has sold about 180k. 

Seen as the sales target for Gundamn Mosou was 500K from its own publisher, I'd say selling sub-300,000 qualifies it as a flop. Reminds me a little of Namco's projections for Ridge Racer 6 selling 300,000 units. The console has barely exceeding that figure.

I'm disappointed that DQ: Swords was made for kids. No, I'm not Wii bashing. The Lastest 1UP Yours podcast talked about it. Apparently it's very simple gameplay. You're on rails and you occasionally make a decision to got left or right, and if you go the wrong way you just get placed back at the decision. I kid you not...

Oh, and thanks for the list Larry.  Shows a lot of great games coming. 

windbane said:
I'm disappointed that DQ: Swords was made for kids. No, I'm not Wii bashing. The Lastest 1UP Yours podcast talked about it. Apparently it's very simple gameplay. You're on rails and you occasionally make a decision to got left or right, and if you go the wrong way you just get placed back at the decision. I kid you not...

I heard that, too, watched the video where they talked about it. The guy said it was extremely simple. I hope that's not the case.

Around the Network

That list is a bit deceiving.... all the ps3 games on that list are seemingly a ways off.. the people reporting on that list are deceiving too.. i dont recall motorstorm or Vf5 ever being on that list... or resistance fall of man for that matter... so how could any of you compare those games to the games on the list and where the hell are all the wii games?? only 4??

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

You realize that DQIX, the top game in the list, has like 3000 votes. The game is actually gonna sell like 4 millions. Brawl has like 730 votes. The game will probably sell like 2 millions. Odin Shpere has probably like 900 votes. It will probably sell 200k, tops, if we check the 1st day sales. Famitsu´s readers, are all gamers, and that amount of people that vote for that list, are probably about 11000. Those a 11000 hardcore gamer list reflect the results in the market? No fking way :)

the top 4 ps3 games in the list are all expected to sell million copies in japan Explain me how MGS4 will sell a million copies when MGS3 sold 800k in Japan, with like 20 times the uberbase. On that list, DQIX, FFXIII, Brawl, Mario Galaxy, GT, CrisisCore, Animal Crossing, and maybe DQS and RE5 will pass the million mark.

Forgot about Phantom Hourglass, another potential million seller. And who knows about DQS, it has the DQ name after, that enough can sell well in Japan. Check DQM, it has sold about 1.4 millions, and DQH sold pretty well too.

Odin Shpere has probably like 900 votes. It will probably sell 200k, tops, if we check the 1st day sales. Shit, sry, 1200 votes.