By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda WiiU/NX Rumor *SPOILERS*

Are those mini-large dungeons enough for you?

Yes, I like it 19 35.19%

I'm interested... 17 31.48%

No, so few 13 24.07%

Other 5 9.26%

Total:54

Tagging.. not sure if I will watch this video, but will keep it a possibility

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So are they really changing Zelda conventions? (Providing this is true). Nice, can't wait to play it.

onionberry said:
Esiar said:
If there are 4 main dungeons (and even if there's a normal amount) I would hope they're more open than a typical Zelda dungeon. Like multiple routes, multiple ways of solving puzzles, multiple ways to kill bosses (you'd be more free to get creative and it would increase replay value). And since the game won't be linear, there could be ways of doing things that are item specific (which would ideally be implemented subtly) which would give people the thought "Oh, I wouldn't have been to do that if I didn't get this item first".

imagine 4 main dungeons, but each dungeons the size of twilight princess map :O

If Skyrim is anything to go by, I really don't enjoy super-long dungeons. In fact, in general, in both Skyrim and the Zelda series, I've always far more enjoyed adventuring around the overworld, than going through dungeons. Dungones are just something you have to go through to get more items and get more overworld play. To me.

I would love for this Zelda to actually DE-emphasize dungeons, and focus more on a huge open world, and exploration. I don't mean having an "item rental" system like ALBW either. I just mean that if they're really going to shake up long-standing Zelda conventions, then have the game be less about going from dungeon to dungeon, and more about the adventure experience itself, and having this enormous, organic world you have to explore.

Not looking at the OP, I already appreciate the warning of spoilers in the title name, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Only going off of what's written in the OP:

The theme of tech vs nature is cool, and dynamic weather sounds pretty awesome too. I'm not quite sure about how to feel about the mini-dungeons though. I'd be thoroughly disapointed if (a) they're just a single puzzle, like in ALBW, (b) if they're all entirely combat-based, or if they don't provide anything good in return. Like, I'm not sure how many heart pieces you could get away with putting in those dungeons. But that's what stamps are for, I guess. I wouldn't be so worried if there were more of the major dungeons

bet: lost

Around the Network

So, basically 3 main dungeons + Hyrule Castle/Whatever the ending dungeon is? I'd like it to be at least 5 then.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

As someone who believes that Zelda's biggest undoing over the years is its tendency to fall back on extreme formulaic-ness, I really hope this is true.

Pavolink said:

- Tech vs Nature

I'll try to update if further info comes.

Interesting, really. Makes sense based on what we saw in the first trailer. 

On the other hand, 100 mini-dungeons? I could be interested if they are detailed and such, each one of them with its unique characteristics and puzzles and not a collection of samey locations like many open world games often propose to players. Sadly, I would be inclined to think that 100 mini-dungeons would probably mean rubbish comparable to what Ubisoft makes with the Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs series. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Post Removed - Zekkyou

Post Removed - Zekkyou